Chapter 15

Leona could not calm her nerves as Andre drove them towards his parents house. Andre had picked them up at approximately 5:40 and ever since she got in the car she was worse than a bag of nerves. Her heart felt as if it'd jumped out her chest any minute, bits of sweat were constantly forming on her brows and her pal!s were even worst. To say she was uncomfortable would be an understatement.

Andre had tried to assure her that everything will be fine, he even tried to make the awkward tension in the car lessen by trying to make conversations. He'd talk about school, sports, his job, Leona's artwork, just about anything to make them more at ease, but Leona didn't think it was helping at all.
Soon enough after about maybe on hour or so they finally reached Andre's parent's home.

"Its okay, you don't have to be nervous. They don't bite"Andre joked as he turned off the car then took Leona's hand and gave it a comforting squeezed.

"So,are you ready to meet my parents?" Andre turned to asked Layla who sat in the back of the car.

"I guess so" Layla nodded with a smile.

"Okay let's go then" Andre said as they exit the car.

Andre led both Leona and Layla to he door before ringing the doorbell once before opening it without waiting for a response.

"Ladies first" Andre held out his hand ushering Layla and Leona in before entering his self.

"I swear I heard the bell" A lady about in her early 60s said as she came to the door then stopped. She had dark brown hair which was cut into a Bob and pretty brown eyes similar to Andre's.

"Dre" she greeted hugging her son once she saw who it was.
"Hi, you must be Leona" she said pulling Leona into a hug as well. Leona was surprised by this behavior so it took while before she hugged back the lady.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs.Carson" Leona replied smiling  once she was released from the hug.

"You too. You can call me Sonia. I'm Andre's mom" Andre's mother told Leona before turning to Layla.

"Oh my God, you must Layla" she smiled at the girl.

"Hi" Layla replied shyly before stretching out her hand for Sonia to shake but Sonia just laughed and pulled her in for a hug.

Soon enough Andre's dad had came to joined his wife and the greetings were similar to that of Andre's mom.
She then later met Andre's sister Rylie who seemed great and gushed about how beautiful both Leona and Layla were, how excited she was about being an aunt and how she hoped to see and hang out with both of them again.

A few minutes before dinner Michael had came in a hurry apologising for being late, said he lost track of time. Surprised to discovered that Leona was the mother of his niece that Andre told him about would have been an understatement. He was extremely shocked. It was then that he understood why Leona acted the way she did the day they had met and had lunch then discovered Andre was his brother.

To Leona's surprised, dinner with Andre's family turned out better than she thought it would. His parents were great, they really seemed to be glad to meet Layla, not to mentioned Rylie and Michael.

************************************
"Goodnight Layla" Andre said as he put her in her bed then kissed her forehead.

"Night" Layla mumbled sleepily before snuggling deeper into her blanket.

Andre turned off her light before exiting her room and heading back to the living room where Leona was.

"She's fast asleep" he chuckled to Leona as he put both husband's in his pockets.

"Yeah, its kinda late so I figured she'd be really tired" Leona replied.

It was after 9:00 when they finally left Andre's parents house. And by the time they had reached back their home it was to 11:00 and Layla was fast asleep in the backseat. Leona was going to woke her up but Andre offered to take her up to bed. After all he felt obliged and this was the least he could do since he missed the opportunity to see her grow up and carry her.

"Tonight was great" Andre smiled.

"Yeah, you're family is great" Leona smiled back at him.

"Yeah, they were really happy to meet you and Layla".

Leona smiled then nodded in agreement.

"Well I guess I gotta go then" Andre stated as he head towards the door.

"Drive safely" Leona responded following him to the door.

"I will" Andre answered before sighing then stopped to turned around and faced Leona.
"I know I asked you a million times and you turned me down but would you like to have dinner with me next weekend? Please?".

Maybe he was really sorry for his behavior years ago, maybe he had really changed and is trying to make things better now Leona thought. She finally decided to give him a second chance, if he screwed this one up again it'd be his last.

"Ok" Leona sighed. I'll have dinner with you".

"Really!?" That's great" Andre respond excitedly.

Leona smiled then nodded.

"Goodnight Leona, I'll call you" Andre said before kissing her on her cheek before exiting.

"G.Night Andre" Leona waved as Andre headed towards his car.

"Bye" Andre said as he started his car. Leona smiled and waved before Andre drove off.

She then closed and locked her door smiling before heading to her bedroom.