►Chapter [1]

“You are fired!” My boss snapped at me, banging on his desk.

“But…”

“No buts Louis. I’m not willing to lose more clients because you can’t control your temper,”

I didn’t engage in more discussion with him. I wasn’t the person to keep begging, even if I was dying internally because of that thing. I shook his hand and thanked him for letting me work at his company.

I rubbed my face after collecting all my stuff off my desk, still not believing that I had just gotten fired from my seventh job. This time wasn’t my dad’s fault, it was Niall’s.

I slammed the box that contained my stuff on Niall’s desk, catching his attention. “Is that what you planned for?” I said through gritted teeth, hitting his desk hard with my palm.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, do I?” He smiled slyly while organising the files in front of him. “Getting fired is your entire fault. Shouting and beating a client is something, what is the right word...” He rolled his eyes, thinking. “Prohibited?”

“It is your f*cking fault.” I grabbed his tie, pulling him to my direction. “He is your friend...”

“Correction, he is not my friend.” He snatched his tie off my hand. “He’s just a client who by coincidence hates you as much as I do.” He stood up. “Now, excuse me, I don’t have time for your useless conversations. I have so much work to do,”

 “Of course,” I gave him a half smile, moving a little to give him more space.

He suspiciously raised an eyebrow; surprised I didn’t take our fight to a higher level, as usual. I waited till he walked past me, then I elbowed his back roughly, making him stumble and fall. I kicked him repeatedly, not giving him any chance to fight back. “I know you planned all this so I’d be fired,”

The two of us ended up being held by other employees, forcing us to stop beating each other. However, this didn’t stop us from cursing and shouting at each other.

“Revenge is coming soon. Mark my words!” I shouted my final words before marching out of the company.

I gave Niall’s house one last glare before slamming my front door. I collapsed on my living room sofa, next to my suit jacket and tie, working on my revenge plan. I would never let that as$hole enjoy his victory.

My phone rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was the owner of the house. I cursed under my breath, remembering it was the end of the month. It hit me the fact that I was jobless, and at the same time had rent and bills to pay.

I rubbed my face and picked up. The owner wasn’t pleased at all to know I lost my job. He also didn’t like the idea of delaying the rent. However, he was going to think about it and call me again.

I threw the phone next to me, cursing over and over again, hating my struggles with money. Money was always the last thing I’d worry about, but not anymore. However, I shouldn’t complain. I was the one who decided to leave everything behind and take off.

I went back to my revenge plan, but I couldn’t think straight. My mind was busy, thinking of what the owner would do and whether I should start searching for a new house or job, as soon as possible. I felt like carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I sighed and turned the telly on, wishing it’d clear my mind off. I checked all the channels a hundredth times, everything was boring. All the shows and films ranked among very boring to very old to not interesting at all. Even the telly turned against me.