Chapter 1 | The Sentencing

"Please state your name." the judge ordered. I swollen the thickness in my throat that seemed to be choking me. "K-Kanin Baker." I stuttered. "Kanin Baker, in this case, please promise to speak the truth, and nothing but the truth." he asked of me. It was silent in the big room. Too my right, my brothers sat with glum faces drawn. The left was stupid Isabella Forester who allegedly accused me of breaking and entering and assault of second degree.

"Yes." I managed to say in a somewhat steady tone. There was a twenty-five percent chance I would be going home tonight. "Ms. Bradshaw, rise to ask the suspect your questions." Judge Ruder said. She was a beautiful lady with long blonde hair that was placed neatly over her shoulders. A clean, ironed suit was fitted on her body. "On the night of August twelfth, where were you around approximately 8:45 p.m?" the lady asked me promptly.

I thought for a moment. I knew exactly where I was; driving to Isabella's house. "I was in my brother's Ford pick-up truck." I said, trying to avoid telling where I was going. But this was a lawyer, not some guy off the street. "Yes, and where were you going, Ms. Baker?" she questioned. The small upturn of her lips showed how smug she was. "On my way to her house." I mumbled.

"Isabella's house, yes?" she confirmed. I nodded. "Please answer the questions with a yes or no, ma'am." the officer next to me ordered. "Yes," I said, licking my lips. "I was going to Isabella's home." The lawyer nodded her head. "And what did you intend to do, Ms. Baker, when you got to Ms. Forester's house?" Ms. Bradshaw asked. "I was going to get what was mine." I hissed, coldly. Isabella huffed in irritation. She turned her head, flashing the bruises on her left cheek.

I had did that.

"The money her older brother owed you?" Ms. Bradshaw spoke. "Yes." I fiddled with my thumbs, a small part of me feeling guilty. I didn't mean to hurt Isabella. It was not purposely done or planned. "What, in your own words happened that night?" she examined my every twitch and move. Her eyes were a hard blue, matching the color of a pond.

"Objection, your honor." I flipped my head to Steven, who was my state given attorney. His brown, graying hair was slicked to the side, a few strands dangling in his eyes. "Excuse me?" Judge Ruder asked him. "Ms. Bradshaw has video evidence of my client entering the house. Is that not enough?" he panted. Steven was a bit overweight with a double chin and sweat always seemed to ooze out of him. His arms had a circle of sweat surrounding it.

"Overruled." Judge Ruder waved his hand and the integration continued. I answered all the questions in a monotone voice. I was for sure, going to jail. Well, actually I would go to juvy with me being a minor. "So," she continued. "You admit to entering Isabella's house without her wanting to and beat her?" she asked. I shook my head.

"It was one punch!" I gasped. Bradshaw clicked her tongue. "Ma'am she has a bruise on her side as well." she told me. I squinted at her. "I only punched her on her left cheek and that's it. Isabella tripped down the stairs while chasing me." I explained, glancing at Judge Ruder. He seemed to not believe me at all. Why did I promise to tell the truth if nobody would believe me.

After several more questions, I was escorted from the stand to sit in the hard, plastic seat for the accused. Isabell pretended to limp up to the podium and saw, letting out a dainty moan. I couldn't top my eyes from rolling to the side. She was such an exaggerator.

"M-Ms. Forester, is it true that you refused to give the money to Kanin?" my attorney asked. Isabella shook her head fast, her eyes tinged red with tears. "No, of course not. I told her to wait for my brother to get back. But she just - attacked me!" Isabelle said in hysteria. "Why didn't you simply give her the money? You are very wealthy." Steven asked accusingly.

She sniffed. "I didn't understand completely. She was so loud and screaming at me." her fake tears dribbled down her face. I gaped at her. That was far from the real story. No one had bothered to check me for injuries, which I had. Steven frowned, seeming convinced with her alibi. He glanced at me and gave me a sorry look. Was he giving up?

"That is all your honor." he concluded before hustling to his seat. My brown eyes followed him, angered at his horrible attempt to free me. The judge lifted the mallet with one hand and slammed it on his large wooden desk. "The defendant is found guilty of charge. I hear by sentence Kanin Baker to one year at the Georgia County Juvenile Center for second degree assault and breaking and entering without theft. Bail fine would cost three thousand and five hundred dollars. Court dismissed." he sighed tiredly, shuffling a few papers. He popped out a pen and began signing a couple of documents.

"What!" I scrambled out of my seat. The handcuffs made it difficult to keep my balance as I tried down the steps. Two guards were at my side in three seconds before griping my fore arms. "No, Kanin!" I glanced back and saw Jose there, worry and sorrow in his light hazel eyes. I ignored him and my other two brother's. "I am innocent, please!" I begged, The Judge brushed away my arguments.

I twisted in the guards tight hold on my arms to see my brothers all in there feet staring in shock. Tyrone always spoke his mind, it was no surprise he was the first to talk so harshly. "Wait! That's not fair!" he hollered.

He leaped over the pew, trying to reach me. "Please step back." one officer ordered him. "No! Kanin, let her go." he pleaded with a desperate voice now. Judge Ruder was already exiting though the back door. Everything was going to fast.

I couldn't seem to get enough air in my lungs. I was chocking on nothing. Barry began shouting too but I couldn't hear him clearly. Before I could do anything more, I was shoved into the side door.

The last thing I saw my Isabella smirking every so slightly as she twinkled her fingers slightly at me.

___________________

A/N
Ack! My first chapter of Locked with Vincent. Please vote and comment! Thanks a billion!