Chapter 5 | High

Eventually, the night became morning. I woke up at, well, I am not sure because we didn't have a clock in the room. But when I did wake, it was eerily silent and Vincent was still fast asleep. 

I yawned quietly and stretch out my back. I still felt drowsy and wanted to go back to sleep, but wasn't prepared to face another dream. Instead, I got up out bed and head to the small sink. I took my blue brush and took my time brushing my teeth. 

There was no mirror above the sink at all, so I couldn't exactly see my morning appearance. But I knew I didn't look great just from past experience. 

Somehow, the two braids Naomi had done yesterday stayed in place. I finished up brushing my teeth and rinsed my mouth out. I tried to get the water warmed, but it stayed freeing cold. I guess that would help wake me up. 

I took a handful of water and splashed it into my face. I shivered at how cold it was, but kept washing nonetheless. When I finished, I shook the my hands a little to fling off the water off and swiped the water out of my eyes. 

It hit me that I didn't have a towel or anything to wipe my face off. 

I groaned out loud at how dumb I was for not thinking ahead. 

"Can you shut the hell up?"

My eyes widened at Vincent's groggy voice. Had I been that loud? I tried not to react to how incredibly sexy his voice sounded in the morning. A startling contract to mine which sounded like a dying squirrel trying to sing. 

"Sorry," I mumbled. I lifted up the hem of my tank top and used it to wipe my face dry. I sighed. Now my tank top was sticky and wet. I noticed the hand marks that stamped my skin, thanks to Vincent. I scowled at the nasty blue-ish purple color.

It looked weird on my pale skin. 

I shrugged and set my shirt back in place before waltzing back to my mattress. Vincent was up now, rubbing the sleep out of his tired eyes. He mumbled something incoherent but I paid no attention. I was too focused on his stomach. 

Vincent was beautiful, in a way most people weren't. He wasn't buffed out like Jake or Tucker, but more lean. He still had abs engraved into his skin with was strange since I can't picture him lifting weights or anything. 

He had clear skin, not a blemish in sight and his eyes accented his hair nicely. Vincent always seemed to be aggravated a little by the way his jaw was always tight and never really smiled. 

"Quit drooling, poco femminile." he told me in his deep husky voice. His voice was rich, and had an Italian accent to it. I could tell he had called me something in Italian but I didn't know what. 

"What does that mean?" I asked, confused. 

Vincent rose and cracked his neck in a way that seemed very painful. I was scared he might snap it. "Niente di importante." 

Again with the other language? I sighed and shook my head, knowing I would get nowhere with him. Vincent headed to the sink and brushed his own teeth, seeming half asleep. 

I had to look elsewhere or I would be caught staring again. 

"So what are we, uh, doing today?" I asked in a lame attempt at conversation. Vincent spit and rinsed before speaking. "Breakfast, bathroom break, group sessions then back to your cells." He said it like he was programed to remember. 

"Then lunch, courtyard time and showers. After all that is cells again till dinner." 

I nodded. "So, what do we do in group sessions?" Vincent didn't respond right away, taking his time to zipper up his jump suit, hiding his body.