Chapter 7| Touch

Lunch passed uneventfully. I didn't eat, too focused on what was going on with Vincent and whoever the hell Juan was. I sat alone, like I have been. 

It pissed me off how Naomi and Tucker still sat with Vincent, but not me. I hadn't even done anything. Well, not much compared to what I had heard about Vincent. 

But they trusted him. 

Which was like rubbing the salt into the wound. Frank took us to the courtyard where once again, I was alone. I sat on an empty bench press, not lifting weights. It wasn't like I wanted to get fit, I had no where else to be. 

The heat was basically unbearable, making my head pound and my vision blur. I kept looking around and no one else seemed to have any side effects due to the heat. My stomach growls and I regretted not eating. 

I laid down on my back, staring up at the sky. 

I took deep breaths in through my nose and out through my mouth. But before I knew it, I was somehow panting. "Are you okay?" 

A pair of brown eyes popped into my view. I recognized the eyes belonged to Jake. It was the first time I heard him ask a question the sounded concerning. I nodded. "Always." 

He raised one of his brows. "You look pale. More so than usual." 

"Well your making me claustrophobic." I snapped, sitting up. But as soon as I did, the world tilted to the left and my face met the concrete. I wish that Jake decided to be, I don't know nice, but he let my head smack against the hard ground. 

I groaned and my head felt like it had been bashed in. 

Well, it had, actually. 

"You're on the ground. Still okay?" he was making jokes. I moaned and moved back to sit in a straight position. "Thanks for catching me." I moaned. 

"Is she okay? This isn't my fault now." 

A new voice spoke way too loudly. It was Vincent, I think. "She is high, I think." Jake grabbed my jaw and scanned my eyes. "Nope, they're normal." 

Vincent smacked his hand away. "Don't touch her." he hissed at him. "Then don't touch me." Jake growled. They both stared at each other for several moments, hate filling every second. It wasn't till I slumped over again that the snapped out of it. 

"You sure she isn't high?" Vincent asked, lifting me back up. He seemed like he was rather be nice today, for some odd reason. He grabbed my cheeks and stared straight into my eyes, like Jake had done. "Her eyes aren't dialated or anything." Vincent mumbled. 

"What did you eat earlier?" he asked me, leaning away. 

I pushed his hands off me. "I don't need a check-up." I threw at him. Vincent rolled his eyes. "That wasn't my question." he said. "Well that's my answer." 

"Kanin, you may be ill. Just answer the question." he sighed, getting impatient. I but my lip and glared at Jake from under the heat of the sun. It was all his fault Vincent was here. "Nothing." I finally caved in. Vincent frowned again. 

"Nothing? What do you mean?"

"Nothing as in I didn't eat at lunch." I replied, glancing around. Naomi us watched intensely, probably assuming I was scheming some evil plan. I decided to lay more attention to Vincent's questions than Naomi who was being unbelievably judgmental.

"When is the last time you ate?" he asked me. 

That made me pause. I didn't remember the last time I ate. Actually, I don't believe I had eaten anything since I have been here. "Hello?" Jake called. I quieted at him. "I-I can't remember." I admitted.