Chapter 9: Kamek, Evil Wizard

Last chapter, our heroes fell round on a trap, and are trapped! Things will only get wilder from here...

"Huh... Where are we?" Yoshi said, rubbing his head, and looking around.

"It seems that we're locked somewhere..." Mario replied, and took a peek around as well. He, Luigi and Yoshi were on a cage. Peach was on a cage beside them, looking pretty distressed.

"Mario! You're here! But looks like we're all on the same boat..." Peach talked, and sighed. Mario sighed as well.

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here. The Mario Bros. Always save the day! Right Luigi?" Mario said, confident. He looked back, and could clearly tell that he and Luigi weren't on the same page.

"Ahhh!!!! We're captured! The Mushroom Kingdom's going to be ruined!! WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" Luigi said, running around in the short space he had in circles. Mario wondered where did Luigi's heroism go all of a sudden.

"Hey, now now, don't worry! I highly doubt we'll be defeated! No cage or jail is limitation for the Super Mario Bros, and their pal Yoshi!" Mario declared, and Peach clapped and cheered. She loved Mario's heroic words.

"You bet!" Yoshi added.

"Unless, I'm there to see you try!" A voice, followed by a chuckle, could be heard. It didn't take long to figure out who said it.

"Bowser!" Mario, Peach and Yoshi yelled as the mentioned entered the room.

"Hello, Peach and chumps! I see you brought your pet. Welcome aboard." Bowser said, fully getting Yoshi's attention.

"Pet?! Did you just call me pet?!" Yoshi said, and breathed heavily. "Hey, calm down. You know how Bowser is. Either ignorant, or mocking." Mario said as he patted Yoshi's shoulder.

"I heard that!! A King has no time to be ignorant! I know you guys all too well." Bowser replied. "However, I'll intervene with ya guys soon. Kamek wants to do something of his own, so I'll leave him to that. Enjoy your new place! Hah!" Bowser said, and laughed, but his smile faded off when he saw Peach.

"Oh, well... Don't you worry Peach. I'll get you a better place soon!" Bowser said, but he was met with a stare of disgust from the Princess. He sighed, and finally left.

"Alright... We better get ready." Mario said, and adjusted his cap. Meanwhile, Luigi looked hastily through a suitcase.

"There better be something in my suitcase! Dang it..." Luigi muttered as he threw out buttons, clothes, a Game Boy Micro, a Poison Mushroom, etc.

"Do you think anything of what you got there might help us?" Yoshi asked.

"Why Yes! And look! I found it!" Luigi said suddenly. Everyone looked, hopeful.

"Oh yeah! Doesn't matter what it is, even a Tanooki Leaf could help us get out of here!" Mario said.

"Yeah!" Luigi said happily as he took out a Game Boy from the suitcase.

Everyone just looked, dumbfounded.

"What? I haven't restocked this in a while! Luckily this is in there! Time to complete Mario Land!" Luigi said joyful. Yoshi sighed. Peach rolled her eyes. Mario facepalmed.

Just then, a blue hat and robe entered the room, all so mysteriously. It caught everyone's attention.

"Hello there, guests. Looks like the Mario Bros. Aren't doing good either! Not even a Super Princess to help ya out." Kamek said, mockingly.

"Kamek!" Mario yelled.

"Yes. Now, I have my (second) plan all complete! And Yoshi, nor Luigi managed to not ruin it." Kamek said. Yoshi growled and Luigi finally put his eyes off the portable.

"Wah! It's Kamek!!" Luigi jumped back up, scared.

"Don't worry, you guys won't be part of the next part of the plan, yet." Kamek declared, and laughed. Then, he took out a seemingly normal pendulum.

"What's that for?" Mario asked confused.
"Mario, that's a pendulum! It's commonly used for hypnotism!" Peach said, and Kamek laughed a bit.

"You bet, Peach. But I need to test it in order to make sure we have the perfect integrants of our army. The Mario Bros!" Kamek explained.

"You're going to have to try harder if you want to switch us up on your side!" Mario said. He was a tough wall to break.

"Y-yeah! If not, as long as I don't get to use that ridiculous outfit again..." Luigi added, and a shiver ran down his spine.

"I know. I wasn't born yesterday. Now, make way for the test subject, idiots!" Kamek said, and with magic, Mario and Luigi crash in the other side of the cage.

"What?! Don't tell me that..." Yoshi said, confused.

"It's obvious, my 'friend'. Now, time to get to work!" Kamek said, approached Yoshi, and started swinging the pendulum side to side.

"What the..." Yoshi said, trying to find logic in what Kamek was doing.

"Yoshi! Partner of the heroes! This you are no longer, for you're part of Bowser's forces!" Kamek said while swinging the pendulum.

"No, don't think... About it...!" Yoshi said, feeling dizzy. Peach watched, shocked, and called out the Mario Bros.

"Guys! Yoshi's being hypnotized! Do something!" Peach said.

"Wait what?!" Mario said back, surprised, and ran towards Yoshi. "Yoshi, snap out of it!"

With a swing of Kamek's wand, Bowser flew again to a side.

"You are now part of Bowser's Army, and everyone on Mario's side is your sworn enemy!" Kamek said, finishing.

"I am now part... Of Bowser's Army... Everyone on Mario's side... Is my enemy..." Yoshi repeated, completely entranced, as Mario attempted to pull him off while not looking.

"Snap out of it!!" Mario yelled, but Yoshi shook him off, without looking back.

"Heh... That should do it..." Kamek said, slowly nearing to a side.

"Argh, Kamek!" Peach said, and grunted.

"Hey, now, don't worry. No one got hurt, right? Everything's all fine." Kamek said, relaxed. "Just wait for your pal's response..." He continued, and smirked.

Everyone awaited suspensefully what would be of Yoshi.

Woah! As said in the beginning, things will only get wilder from here! Has Yoshi successfully been flipped? Will Mario have to fight his friend? But most importantly, will Luigi finish Super Mario Land?! Find out in the following chapters! Sorry for it being short, by the way. I didn't want to put much in one place and look rushed. Everything needs it's pace.
Remember to vote and comment your thoughts! They're always apreciated!
Until then,
See ya next chapter!