Chapter 12: Showdown At The Mushroom Kingdom!

The Mario Bros. Have yet one more problem to solve, as the Kingdom is being stormed by Bowser and his new Yoshi army! How will they get out of this one?!

"Doesn't this place look comfortable, Luigi?" Mario said, while he steered the recently taken airship.

"Anything that has Bowser's face on it is bound to not be of any good, let alone comfortable." Luigi said, and rolled his eyes. "At least the Shy Guys weren't that hard to take out."

"Yeah... Oh well." Mario said, as he started noticing more airships pass by them. "Huh?"

"Did we get caught?!" Luigi exclaimed, and started frantically looking around the ship.

"What are you looking for?" Mario asked, noticing more and more ships.

"I'm looking for a Shy Guy costume, of course! I could easily blend with the rest of the guys... I think." Luigi answered.

"Oh." Mario said, and looked through a window. "Oh no... Now I know why there's a lot of ships around!" Mario said, distressed.

"What is it?" Luigi looked through the window as well, and gulped.

Many ships surrounded the sky of the Mushroom Kingdom, which was being raided by the Koopa Troop, and many Yoshis. Bowser could be seen at the center, enjoying everything.

"Bowser's got the kingdom! We're late!" Luigi lamented.

"No we aren't! We're going to defeat Bowser, rescue the princess and the Yoshis, and bust his plan for good!" Mario said, motivated.

He looked around, and his eyes glinted with mischievousness.

"Let's blast him a little surprise to let him know that we've come to visit!" Mario said and grinned. Luigi nodded, skeptical.

Down there, in the middle of the road, Bowser stood on a tank, eyeing the surroundings.

"Ha ha ha! This could not have been any more excellent! This is true chaos!" Bowser said, and chuckled. He looked around the crazed environment.

Kamek laughed slightly too.
"Yes, my king. The Toads are panicking, soon to surrender. The Yoshis are on our side, with no resistance. Even their leader is with us." He explained with a smile on his face.

"This won't stay like this, Bowser!! Mario is coming to restore peace!" Peach yelled, encased in a cage besides The Koopa King himself.

"Sure, sure! In fact, I'm ecstatic for them to arrive! They got more coming than what meets the eye!" Bowser laughed while he talked to the Princess. She only sighed, and rolled her eyes.

"Bowser! We got a transmission from the Captain of the Airship Fleet!" Kamek said hurriedly to Bowser.

"Then show it! It must be important!" Bowser replied, and Kamek made a holographic screen appear.

It picked up the signal, and a Goomba got on the line.

"Lord Bowser! We got trouble!" The Goomba, who had a captain's hat on, stated frantically.

"How so?! What is it?!"

"The Mario Brothers! They have seized one of our ships and are taking the fleet down with it!" The Goomba explained, and Bowser sprung alert.

"Then what are you waiting for?! Stop them!" Bowser yelled. The minion was about to say something else when suddenly a blast interrupted his talk.

"Yes! O-on it!" The Goomba looked around to shut the camera, but suddenly noticed something.

"What is it?!" Bowser kept impatiently asking.

"Didn't he say he was excited for them to get here...?" Peach asked, confused.