Chapter 1: Prologue

Season - Fall

Maiya's P.O.V

My name is Maiya Kahae, I am a student at Cross Academy and a member of the Kahae Vampire Hunting Family. My duty is to hunt dangerous vampires, mostly the ones known as Level E. This is the lowest level of a vampire, it is what Ex-Human vampires become eventually.

But those low leveled vampires aren't my main goal though. My main goal is the vampire known as Kaz Aihara, a few years ago he did something that impacted the vampire society greatly. But that story is for another time.

My hunter lineage is one of the oldest that's out there in the world. We have been annihilating vampires for many generations, but ten years ago, something happened to my mother. She reportedly went missing, no one has been able to find her since the moment of disappearance.

My father suspects that it was the vampires, but we still have yet to figure out with lineage it was though. My younger brother and half-sister believe that something else happened entirely. I'm with my father on this one, my mother was a strong woman who has fought off many Level E's at once. And she was incredibly intelligent as well.

The pureblood families are slowly expanding, even though they should be reducing. Apparently you can turn any type of vampire into a pureblood, in exchange for your immortality. This spell has been shown to be successfully used, but it's a 50/50 chance that you'll actually turn into a pureblood.

My job is to prevent such a thing from expanding, as the human race will then be in lots of danger. We have implemented the policy of not using the spell, but purebloods continue to do it anyways. So I have to cut down those purebloods who are a danger.

Even though I haven't cut down a single one.

I looked up at the school, the one known as Cross Academy. I have transferred here in search for Kaz Aihara, to interrogate him and eliminate.

And here is where my adventure begins at this school, where my enemy was standing before me.

"Hello Miss Hunter, welcome to Cross Academy." A male said standing directly in front of me, he had navy blue hair and sky blue eyes. He was smirking at me, I could clearly see his fangs.

"..Hello Kaz Aihara." I replied back to the pureblood.