Chapter 7: Trivia

Season - Fall
Maiya's POV

"W-What are you doing here?" I glared at her, I didn't want to appear weak to her, so that she could freely take my blood away from me. There was a certain tone to this vampire, she seemed much superior than those aristocrats and regular vampires, which means that this woman had to be a...

Pureblood Vampire

"It's simple, I'm here to ask you questions. Then I'll be gone, easy?" The woman said to me with an annoyed tone, she looked like that she didn't want to be here either. I could then make out more of her features the longer I looked at her. She had long black hair that reached her waist, her eyes were a very dark blue, not to expect from a pureblood vampire. She was very tall as well, and acted very feminine, her nails were all painted black, while her uniform was white.

I didn't respond to her.

"Easy?" She repeated to me, lifting up my chin with large force, making my face look at hers directly in the eyes, her behavior patterns, her looks, she had to be the one from the Shige family. The female pureblood vampire, Yui Shige.

"Yes." I said to Yui before she let me go, then sitting on the edge of the bed, staring directly at me. She checked her nails to see if she ripped any of the paint off, but then she looked back at me in an instant, our eyes meeting.

"Okay, let's get started then." Yui let out a long sigh before looking back towards me.
"What makes you hate vampires so much? Remember, three strikes, you're out." Yui said to me, giving me one of the classic pureblood smirks towards me, it was almost as annoying as Kaz's. And what's with the three strikes you're out? What is this? Trivia?

"Isn't it natural for a vampire hunter to hate them." I glared at Yui, but she looked at me with an amusing smile, her eyes then flashed red for a single second.

"Wrong. I'm talking about you personally, not your idiotic hunter lineage." Yui said with me, having a bored expression on her face, as she twirled around one of my pistols around her finger. I grit my teeth, I had to answer her truthfully, and she dared to call my lineage idiotic?

"Vampires are monsters, they hurt people just for their own gain. They kill people, they change humans, you're all monsters. Selfish blood fanatics." I continued to glare at Yui, then gave me an amused smile, she must have thought that I was an idiot. But as a hunter, I would gladly talk about the many reasons why I hate vampires.

"Interesting. But you do know humans are the same as us you know? Minus the blood sucking of course." Yui laughed at me, she must have thought that I was a joke. Trust me, if I had those pistols and I could move around, I'd be shooting at this pureblood, wanting to kill her.

"Every single person in this world is selfish, they always want things to go their way. But unfortunately for the weak, they must obey those who are powerful." Yui added on, her eyes glowing one more time before she forced me down with a huge amount of force, then lifting my chin up, exposing my neck to the vampire. I was tempted to scream out for help, but I know that'd tempt her more to get those fangs of her into my neck.

I've been bitten many times by vampires, but luckily never a pureblood. If that were the case, I'd no longer be human, an Aristocrats bite is most painful bite I've received. And I don't plan to upgrade that pain level either. My heart was beating rapidly, was it because of fear? Is it because I didn't want to be turned into a vampire.

"I'm a little hungry, I've been wanting some blood for a while. Especially a humans, fresh from their neck." Yui toyed me, I could already see her fangs getting bigger quickly, this made me want to escape, I had to get out of there. I took a look around the room for any exits, then noticing the door that led into the hallways. I brought my hand up quickly to push the vampire away, but she raised an eyebrow at me, smirking.

"Aw, come on." Yui complained bring her fangs closer to my neck, I grit my teeth as I tried to reach for the pistols, stretching my arm out as far as I could.

Dammit!

But then I felt a new presence in the room, curious of who it was. I felt a weight off of me as I heard a loud bang. Two people collided into the wall directly next to the window, one of them Yui, while the other was a male with white hair and red eyes. The look of that before, it sounded familiar perhaps it was the... Hatakeda family? 

"Yui. Class is currently on." A mature male voice sounded out, then letting go of Yui as her eyes went back to blue, she sighed in anger. "Then shouldn't you be in there?" Yui said, trying to sound like a massive smart ass. "Yes. Tempest will report you to the headmaster for attacking a student if you don't get back quickly." The male vampire said, Yui quickly jumped out the window, possibly hurrying back to class.

My gaze met with the male vampire who was in the room, he looked away quickly, then hurrying out of the window to follow after Yui. Realizing what had just happened to me, I quickly reached over for my pistols, putting them back into my belt and sat up. I put my books back into my bag as I saw someone at the door, it was Tomoko.

"Let's hurry back so you can get some sleep." Tomoko kindly said to me, then getting out of my bed quickly, Tomoko picked up my bag and put the strap on her shoulder carrying it for me. Luckily, my pistols were hidden in my belt under my shirt, so Tomoko wouldn't find out about them in the first place.

"A-Alright." I nodded to her, we eventually left the room and headed down the hallway while I was on my crutches. The events from earlier have made me stumble a bit and rethink my plans.

Killing a pureblood vampire isn't going to be easy.