Chapter 5: Duties

Season - Fall  

Maiya's POV

I stood up from my seat and took a look towards the students progressively moving towards the door, I looked back at Tomoko who seemed to have just finished packing her bag. She stood up from her seat and took her bag, putting the strap over her shoulder, she gave me a smile, suddenly having a new lollipop in her mouth. After her smile, I suddenly looked away towards the door, starting to move my legs in a slow pace, Tomoko obviously followed me of course.

We exited the door together, walking down the hallways, I was keeping an eye out, because you never knew if a vampire was just suddenly going to jump you. Especially that Kaz Aihara. I remember my mother telling me that he had killed my grandparents, none of us know why he did such a thing, but I knew that I would never be able to forgive him. He killed my family, and in honor of my family, I will kill him.

We finally reached to the outside of the school buildings, I smelled in the fresh air before the arrival of the vampires, as they had to take their classes at night time. I walked down the footpath with many of the students, up ahead there were two different pathways, one leading to the night class dormitories, the other to the day class. For some reason, most of them were heading over to the night class, which sparked my attention, if they knew that these 'students' were vampires, would they still go over there?

I stopped at the split of walkways, my eyes looking at each walkway one by one. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder to look at Tomoko, who has a curious look on her face. 

"Hey, wanna take a look at the Night Class students? The reason that so many students rush out after the bell is because of them, they want to at least try to interact with them." Tomoko explained to me, even asking if I wanted to look at those disgusting creatures. Honestly, I would just shoot them right there and then if there weren't any of those day class students around. 

Then I looked back towards Tomoko, and let out a sigh.

"Just this once."

"Cool, let's hurry before the Student Council pushes us out of there!" Tomoko said as she grabbed me by the hand, pulling me along with her in the direction of the Night Class Dorms.

Sprinting down the path, we started noticing a large crowd in front of the gate. The gate is there to keep the vampires in the dorms until it is time for class, it's the same with the Day Class students, perhaps for protection.

Eventually we arrived in the crowd and stood there with them, I was starting to get a headache with all of the screaming around me. They were demanding for the gates to be opened.

"Keep back!" The voice was extremely loud, I jerked my head towards the voice. There was a girl with black hair and icy blue eyes, she wore an arm band on her uniform, then I looked towards Tomoko who was next to me.

"Want to know who that is? That's Takara Adachi, she's the student council president. Well to be more precise, she's the only member of the Student Council that is." Tomoko said to me, I raised my eyebrow slightly at the girl, then looking back at Tomoko. 

Perhaps she's the only member, because she is the only one that knows about the vampires in the day class? 

Before I could reply to Tomoko, there was a loud screech coming towards the gate, I watched it slowly open, then grit my teeth slightly to see the vampire standing there. waiting for it to fully open. After the gate was fully opened, the metal from the gate made impact with the wall, making a 'bang' sound. 

There they were, the vampires. I watched them slowly one by one walk out, starting with the pureblood's. There were the three of them, I remember the headmaster telling me that they each have their own unique past, but the one that I hated most was looking right at me. In the midst of all of the screaming from the girls and boys, Kaz Aihara stared right at me, then stopping in his tracks. 

I widened my eyes as the girls backed away from him, they most likely ran off to their friends saying how close they were to Aihara. He stood in my tracks as I grit my teeth, then starting to glare directly at him, he took one step closer towards me. 

"Aihara."

"Kahae."

We stared each other down, he did his classic smirk/grin towards me. At that time, the entire Night Class had stopped in their tracks staring at me, I felt their red eyes and desires, they must have sensed that I'm a hunter myself.