Chapter 8: Introductions

Season - Fall

Takara's POV

I closed my eyes as it was now night time and I had to be on Night Duty like usual, it was my job to keep the Night Class students away from the Day Class Students. As the only member of the student council, it's my job, and my job alone. Not anyone can just join the student council, they need to have the appropriate martial art skills, but that's not the only reason.

It's because the Night Class students were vampires.

When I was younger, my mother and father were killed by a vampire, this was when I was 4 years old, so I don't remember much of my parents face. The face that I knew of that killed my parents, I could never forget that disgusting face, the person that killed my parents.

The long black hair, the deep glare with her red eyes, the blood on her mouth, the dress that she wore, the... fangs.

I opened my eyes back up before I looked towards the Day Class dorms from the school, I was hoping that everyone was sleeping that time. Dealing with the day class students is such a drag, as I'm supposed to be protecting them in the first place. And then I'd always have to hand them into the headmaster, and wait, that isn't even all of it. Then I have to escort them back into the dorms.

I sat outside of the window of one of the classrooms, this is where the three Pureblood vampires were, while there were many high class aristocrats. The three pureblood vampires had their own sections of the classroom, which the aristocrats in each section followed that pureblood.

These purebloods have an aristocrat assigned to them, somewhat like their personal assistant.

Kaz Aihara's aristocrat is Tempest Wainright, who has no record of fooling around with the school, he is calm and friendly, who tries to resolve all of the situations with the school as much as he possibly can. I'm very good friends with him, you could say that he is apart of the Night Class Student Council, but unfortunately that doesn't exist. You could even say that the Student Council Presidents are the purebloods at this school. Tempest is the one with black hair pulled into a ponytail and red eyes.

Then there's Kyuichi Hatakeda, who was the most serious out of all the purebloods. He wasn't loud like Kaz Aihara, and only spoke to show his leadership over the other vampires, his aristocrat is Mashai Ichihara. This aristocrat isn't serious at all, he tends to play around a lot, and he's normally seen writing in an envelope of some sort. This is what gave him the alias Mr Letter. Mashai is the one with short pink hair and pink eyes.

And lastly there is... Yui Shige's aristocrat.

That name makes me shudder with fear, the pureblood that I hate the most.

The pureblood that killed my parents when I was young, confessing to me that she did it on my first night duty.

Anyways, her aristocrat is Kuniko Sakurai, who scowls to most of the other vampires, but she is always seen so close to Yui. Apparently those two have history together before coming to Cross Academy, they must have been childhood friends or something, it's not like I'm going to confront the killer of my parents and ask such a casual question. She has a similar appearance to Mashai, the two of them are cousins after all, she has long pink hair and purple eyes.

Yui was late to class, so Kyuichi went out of the classroom to bring her back in. I stood up, it would be a good idea to follow him, and make sure that the two of them don't do anything wrong. I kept an eye out for any Day Class Students, in case they were on their way to or from the classrooms. I decided to hang around the Day Class dorms, most of the students would be asleep by now while I try to keep them all safe.

Then I saw a silhouette of someone jumping into a window on the second floor, could it have been Kyuichi? I immediately ran forwards, then noticing that someone had dropped down from the window. My eyes met with her dark blue eyes, gritting my teeth slightly my arms started to shake from fear. S-Stop it Takara! Stop being so scared of her! 

Emotions ran throughout my head, but the look of fear was planted onto my face. Who knew what this vampire was capable of, I'm not even a vampire hunter. There's no way that I can take on a pureblood, she'll kill me... just like what she did with my parents...

"Move on." Kyuichi said when he landed on the ground, directing it to Yui.

"I don't want to head to class!~" Yui complained to him, stretching her arms and shoulders as she walked on.

After that I couldn't hear much more from their conversation, Yui gave me an intimidating look with a sly smile, her eyes looking as if they were peering at my soul.

The two of them hurried off to their classroom, I have to give a report tonight to the Headmaster, I'll put an incident in for Yui trying to skip class.

After a long walk I arrived at the headmasters office, knocking on the door before I hear a 'come in' from inside, I open the door walking into the office. The headmaster was writing something down real quick before putting her head to look up at me.

"Ah hello Adachi! Handing in your report for the night?" The headmaster smiled towards me, I nodded as I dropped some papers down on her desk.
"Yes, but there was an incident tonight." I admitted to the headmaster, she raised an eyebrow at me as her smile dropped.
"What happened?" She asked me, putting her hands together, resting her head on them.

"Yui tried doing her weekly skip of classes again, but Kyuichi caught her in what looked like to be the Female Day Class Nurses Office. I took a look in there, but no one was there, so nobody got hurt. So Kyuichi dragged her back to class." I explained to the headmaster and she nodded, pushing up the glasses that were on her nose.

"Good job Adachi, you're doing well on being the Student Council President. In fact, you may be getting a new member in the coming days."

She said what? A new member?

"A-Another member?! I've been fine doing this on my own for months already!" I exclaimed to the headmaster, but then she shook her head.

"You will still be president don't worry, it's just that it's starting to get dangerous around here. In town there have been more Level E attacks more than usual, and we need to take precaution to protect the people at this school. If a horde of them came in, who knows how many people would be freaking out." The headmaster explains to me, I breath in deeply, understanding her concerns.

"That explains it. So, who is this new member?" I asked the headmaster, she then looked up at me from her desk, giving me a serious look.

"This new student council member is not your regular human, she's a hunter. A vampire hunter. She's currently injured her foot with a sprain, but she will heal up overnight." The headmaster said to me, I widened my eyes slightly. Overnight? A hunter healing from a sprain in one night?

"I've never heard of a hunter healing so quickly, her family line is possibly the oldest that's out there. And the first possibly. She is dangerous. Make sure to be careful when working with her, she came here to kill one of the Night Class students, and protect the student at all costs. Unless I allow you to." The headmaster added on before closing her eyes.

"Her name is Maiya Kahae. She's the new student." I widened my eyes at the name.

This girl was in my class, she's the one that was staring at Aihara earlier, she's a dangerous vampire hunter.