Chapter 4: First Class

Season - Fall 

Maiya's P.O.V

After I had lied to Tomoko about the reason I came to this school, we went to bed to rest up for the rest of the night, apparently she had been waiting for me ever since the start of the night. Her commitment of staying awake truly surprised me, as I heard the work at this school is very tiring to most of the students.

Tomoko had thankfully showed me around earlier, saying that us day class students were not allowed near the Night Class Students. Except for the Ball, I heard that at the end of the day, a certain committee has to keep the screaming fangirls away from these monsters.

I was currently standing in front of the classroom, watching the eyes of the students before me. The movements of the humans reminded me of ants, for the majority of their life they just work. Some of the ants may be stomped on by the vampires before them, and that leaves us hunters to kill those vampires.

"Please introduce yourself to the class!" The teacher yelled at me, I swear that I almost went deaf for a second there.

"My name is Maiya Kahae, it's very nice to meet you all." I bowed to the class as they clapped to me, I stood back up straight as I headed over towards a seat. I walked up the stairs as I felt the eyes continuing to watch me, there was a spare seat next to Tomoko, so I decided to sit there. Tomoko smiled to me as I sat down, but all I did was nod to her before looking to the front of the class. 

The atmosphere of the school was strange, it was more mysterious than all of the other schools that I was at, probably because of the fact that there are definitely vampires at this school. My blood boils every time I think of a vampire, it gives me the desire to kill those blood fanatics, they most likely were the cause of my mothers disappearance ten years ago. It was tempting enough to even leave this class and kill those monsters right away, but I know against every one of those vampires at once, it wouldn't guarantee me a victory. 

The lecture that that class had was definitely boring, but I had to sit through it unfortunately. I may be a vampire hunter, but I still am a teenager that's learning like the others in this class. I closed my eyes near the end of the class, but then I was woken up by the bell. I raised my head as I noticed the other students leaving the classroom, it must have been time to get back to the dorms and head to sleep.