Chapter 6: Sprained

Season - Fall  

Maiya's POV

"Hey! What's going on here?!" Takara ran over towards us, I grit my teeth before I looked back at the pathway, carrying my legs as fast as they could go, then I heard Tomoko yell out for me, asking if I was okay. I didn't give her a single gesture, all I did was run, I was angry, I wanted to kill every last one of those monsters there, so that I wouldn't see their faces again. I kept running until I arrived to the girls Day Class Dormitories, then I collapsed on the stairs, wheezing and breathing hard. 

I felt a shock of pain coming from my ankle.

I've never ran so hard in my life, and honestly, I have no idea why I ran in the first place. Was it because of the many vampires that were there? Was it because Takara approached me? Was it the screaming girls that were annoying me? My vision was slightly blurry, but I managed to pick up my bag that I dropped down when I collapsed. 

I squinted my eyes slightly as I searched through my bag, looking for my water so I could get hydrated again. I finally found it as I slid the lid open, gulping down all of the water in the bottle. As I drank the last drop of water in it, I lowered my bottle then, then noticing a girl in front of me, with a concerned look on her face. 

"Are you okay?" The girl said to me, it took a while for me to figure out what her features were. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, she looked to be roughly around 154 cm tall, which was 11 cm shorter than me, since I'm 165 and all.

"I-I'm fine..." I said back to the girl, pushing myself up from the stairs, but then I felt a pain in my ankle again, and fell back down. I let out a groan as I fell back down, then taking a look at my ankle, which looked to be red/pink. 

"Let me help you Miss, your ankle looks hurt." The blonde said to me, offering her hand for me to take, I hesitantly took it as she pulled me off the stairs. "Ouch." I mumbled, the girl then looked back to me as she picked my bag up quickly, then handing it over. 

"You should get your ankle checked out, I'll take you to the nurses office." The blonde said to me with a smile, we then started to slowly make our way towards the nurses office. I was leaning on the girl and hopping on one leg, luckily most of the girls were out of there for a while, I didn't want to look like a wimp out there.

"Have you got a name?" The blonde asked me, I before I took another hop with my left leg, I answered her.

"Maiya Kahae." I answered her, she widened her mouth in happiness, then giving me a sweet smile.

"That's a pretty name. I'm Summer Cinder." The blonde had told me her name, which sounded like a very unique name, I've never heard anything like it before. With Summer being her first name, makes me think that her hair is something like the Sun due to how bright it is.

Eventually we arrived at the nurses office, the nurse took a look at my ankle, taking a look at all of the swelling around, she said that it was definitely sprained. So I'm going to stay in here and rest it for a little bit, then head back to my room when it was night time.

Summer stuck around for a little while, and Tomoko decided to come around for a visit, but she had to hurry back and complete the huge loads of homework that she had. Summer stuck around till it was 5:00, then went back to her room.

Tomoko should be here in an hour to help me get to my room, the swelling in my ankle has gone down a little, but not enough for me to walk on my own. The nurse gave me crutches to use for tomorrow, since she said that it may still be painful. 

I let out a long sigh as I looked towards the window, noticing that the sun was starting to go down. The vampires are sure to be out and about once the sun is down, so hopefully all of the students are inside and heading to bed, for another day tomorrow.

"Tomoko should be here soon." I whispered to myself, taking a look at my ankle that's covered in bandages.

"Then we have little time to talk." I heard a mature female voice whisper into my left ear, I widened my eyes as I reacted to the voice. Reaching into my belt, noticing that my guns weren't there. Realizing that they were gone, I looked to my left, seeing a tall girl with long black hair and dark blue eyes.

Sweat ran down my forehead and down my cheeks.

She was a vampire.