Chap 42.1: Letter of goodbye

To my dearest Aynie & Harry,

How's my favorite couple?

I know you lot had a hard time being married to each other at the age of 13 (though it wasn't really a formal wedding). But, having your married life kept a secret is surely hard.

When you see this letter, I don't know if I'm still alive by then.

I'm sorry that I have kept this a secret for a long time.

But, I know that if I told you, everyone will be worried sick and I don't want that.

I want you to live happily without having to worry about me.

You see, I have heart problems.

I can still be operated because my body can still take it. But I decided to not proceed with it.

Though my body is still healthy, having a heart operation can be stressful. Besides, it is expensive although the royal family can afford it.

I've had this illness 1 year ago. when i found out, i was extremely depressed. But then I decided to hide it because I don't want anyone to worry about me.

Seeing the both of you makes me extremely happy though you fight most of the time.

I remember when I first met your grandfather.

I was 14 when we got married. I wasn't ready, just like you Aynie.

But I grew to love William as the days go by.

Like you, we fought like cats and dogs, almost every day. We would scream at each other, even threw things at each other. We weren't ready to be in a relationship back then. He had girlfriends and I had my share of boyfriends. He was too formal, acted like a real prince. I was, what do you kids call it, badass. I loved punk rock, he loved classics. It felt like we didn't have a single thing in common. We were complete opposites. That is why I am fond of you Aynie, because you were like me when i was your age. 

But when I turned 18, that was when our love for each other blossomed. It wasn't a perfect relationship. But we managed with the power of love. Do you know that we nearly ran away together? I smile every time I remember those moments.

I see myself and William in the two of you my dears.

When you went to the Philippines, I was feeling to giddy. I was expecting a good news you know. i have always wanted a grandchild. To be able to hold my grandchild in my arms, is the best feeling that I could ever have. I'll be happy i just know it. Like how happy I was when I held you Harry, for the first time. 

When you came back from the trip, I was distraught. But then, you brought Bridget along with you so it kind of made up for it. I still didn't lose hope. I sent you to Paris, one of the most romantic cities in the world. But then, it turned out to be worse than expected. No offense Aynie, Oliver is a great guy. But of course, i'm rooting for Harry so it was not what I was expecting. 

Actually, I had no intentions of writing a letter like this. But then, I know that it is not fair for you if I can't say my goodbyes. Always remember my children, I love you. 

I wish for your happiness. That is why I want you to have a baby that much because I don't want you to feel lonely when I'm gone. 

So if ever I'm already gone when you read this letter, I just wish one thing....

Please, build a real family together. Soon. Like I had with William. And please, name it after me, will you? If it's a boy, then name him William. That's my only wish.

I beg of you. I may not be able to hold my grandchild, at least I can see you being a happy family.

If you won't, I'll make sure to come back and scare you.

When I'm no longer here, I want you to enjoy your wedding. I don't want to see a frown on your faces.

Also, please take good care of the Queen and King. Don't be too stubborn. 

I love you both.

Grandmere

a/n i wasn't supposed to write an author's note in this chapter but after reading all the comments i changed my mind. LOL.

okay so. i updated sooner than required soooo can i get a thank you instead of "next"? because i'd me happy if you guys would say that than something like "update". i mean, can i also get a "please"?  :)

i neglected my homework for this you know! 5 more months and i'll be graduating from Uni. so Chill with me guys?

Next update will be this week (Nov. 8-14,2015). i could only update 1 chapter i think but i will try my best to update twice.

love you