Chapter 51

Aynie

"Everyone, meet Princess Aynie, my wife." Harry said as he introduced me to all the staff in the Foundation. I expected jaw drops and shocked expressions on their faces the moment Harry and I walked up the podium. To my surprise, they clapped their hands while looking at each other, as if saying "oh so she's Aynie"

I looked at Harry questioningly, but he just smiled in response. I tried my best to smile widely, as the doctors and staff shook my hand. Some thanked me, the others gave a curtsy. Dr. Martin, the head doctor of the foundation, guided me as I walked down the steps of the stage. I glanced at Harry, but he walked to the middle of the stage instead. He took the microphone from the stand, and breathed deeply.

"I was about to give a long speech earlier, but the beauty of my wife distracted me that I ended up only introducing her, rather than saying what I intended to say." The crowd laughed. "I didn't expect that this time would come rather soon, since Princess Aynie and I haven't legally wed yet. But since Cookie gave birth already and she stubbornly followed me here, I can't do anything now."

Harry glanced at me and smiled. The female staff giggled behind me, obviously believing that Harry is a romantic.

"I know none of you knows the real story as to why this foundation was built. What we told you, was that it was my childhood dream. But it's not. It's actually my wife's dream." I can feel my tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Aynie loves Pandas. And she dreamt of seeing one. So, I did not only let her see her one, but we build this foundation instead. Which also aim to take care of wild animals that have been left astray by other zoos. I kept this a secret from her, so when we wed, I could give her a surprise of a lifetime." Harry earned cheers from the staff, and from me, but I was already crying my eyes out. For the years that I have known Harry, I haven't seen or heard him talk with so much sincerity. I still have a small doubt that he's only saying these things as a façade, but the longer I listen, the longer I feel that I was wrong about him.

"Now that the secret is out, I will require all of you to sign the non-disclosure agreement" Harry said as Jake passed out the forms.

"Since Aynie already knows about this place, you should expect her to come very often, especially when we have panda cubs now." Harry chuckled and I did, as I hastily wiped the tears from my face.

Everyone clapped, including me as Harry ended his speech. After shaking hands with the staff, Harry went down the stage and walked towards me. It seems like we are in a rom-com movie, where slow motions commonly happen. He smiled, as he reached for my hand, grasping it tightly. We walked out of the foundation, hand in hand as we waved goodbye to the staff. I visited the panda cubs once again, and we then headed back to the car.

We nearly reached the palace and I didn't even notice that our hands were still intertwined. I glanced at our clasped hands awkwardly, and thank goodness Harry started to speak.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Aynie." He said in a deep voice. "It was honestly meant to be a wedding present for you. But, even if it won't be happening anytime soon, you are very much welcome to visit the place."

"I-"

"I know this came as a surprise, but I hope it wouldn't be too awkward for the both of us, since you are in a.... happy relationship with Oliver now."

"I broke up with him, Harry." I replied and Harry turned to face me.

"You did?" He asked in surprise.

"Yeah."

"But... why?" He asked in a soft voice. He rubbed my hand with his thumb.

"It's for the best."

"If it's for Grandmere or for the Kingdom Aynie, you shouldn't worry about it. Since no one, or I mean only a few people knows about you."

"It's just, I don't know if I can leave the palace Harry."

"You can leave Aynie, if you are not happy. And I know you aren't"

"Do you want me to leave that bad?" I asked, without noticing that I started to raise my voice at him.

"No Aynie, that's not what I meant." I calmed down. "What I mean is, I know that you are happy with that- that Oliver guy. In my 21 years Aynie, I learned that you shouldn't sacrifice your happiness for others. The Royal Family, this monarchy... our kingdom will still survive."

I am contemplating whether I would be happy or sad with that thought. After almost half of my life, I am given the chance to start a new life.

"I'll think about it Harry." I told the curly-haired lad as we walked out of the car.

"By the way Aynie... Grandmere just told me this morning..."Harry said. "She's going to hand me the crown next week. She's going to step down her throne because she is already ill."

"And that means you already have a week to decide whether you want to stay, or leave the palace."

heyaaaaa!

One chapter to go!