Chapter 53: A few steps away

Aynie

After four hours of measuring, trying on a hundred wedding gowns, we finally decided on what to wear tomorrow. Honestly, I'm not at all wishing to wear the most expensive or the most beautiful gown in the world, even if Grandmere is much willing to pay a LOT for my dress. Harry was also fitted into his Yellow and Royals Uniform, and also a few pairs of tux for wardrobe changes. In those four hours, the Royal family was able to invite a ton of people. Invitations were sent everywhere and royal caterers were already busy preparing for the after-wedding dinner.

The Royal Ceremony was also on every television and radio channels in the whole Kingdom. But, so much for privacy, nobody still knew who I was. Of course, I am allowed to invite all of friends and classmates. As much as I don't want to invite my classmates, most especially Camilia after we found out that she initially thought of a plan to ruin me by using Oliver (He messaged me on facebook but he also said his feelings for me was genuine), I invited them anyway.

After dinner, the King and Queen talked to Harry and me.

"Aynie, thank you so much for doing this. Honestly, I didn't expect you to show up here again, after how our son has badly treated you." The Queen said and glared at Harry. "I know that your journey will not be easy, but, I promise to help and teach you everything that I know. When I first started as Queen, I only had princess lessons but all of those are meaningless if you don't think very carefully, and most importantly, if you don't use your heart."

"The people don't just want a wise ruler Aynie, but they also need someone who has compassion beyond obligation, someone who can understand their needs, and someone strong who can defend them since they are living in our Kingdom." The King added.

"I'm scared, your highnesses. I don't know if I can do this. I'm just a nobody. I know nothing. How can someone who knows nothing become a ruler of a Kingdom?"

The Queen was about to honest but surprisingly, Harry took my hand.

"Aynie, I don't know that much either. I've had my share of lessons too, but it's still not enough to prepare me for the real world. But I believe that I could do anything as long as you stay by my side. Besides, mom and dad won't step down until they feel that we are ready."

And with that cheesy line, I just said "Okay."

-Wedding day-

Today is the big day.

Honestly, I never thought that I would get to marry Harry. It was really hard to be with him, especially since he has a lot of mood swings, more than a girl with PMS.

When I went home to my parents, I brought almost all of my stuff with me. I was really unhappy about breaking up with Oliver, especially after knowing that he brought another girl with him to Switzerland. In his defence, he needed to move on. My parents had a hard time persuading me to go back to the Palace, but it was only until I saw a picture of Grandpa with holding Harry's Grandfather's hand. And with that, I was fully convinced and ran (technically I hailed a cab) back to the palace.

"You're not thinking about running away, do you?" Harry's hoarse yet sexy voice snapped me out of my trance. I'm sitting alone in the room, as I wait for my hair and make-up to be done.

"Nah. If I was thinking about it I shouldn't have come back yesterday."

"Thank you Aynie. For deciding to marry me." Harry said in a serious tone. I looked at him and gave him a smile.

"Don't do something that will make me regret Harry." I warned him and he chuckled.

"I'll try" he replied

"Hey!" I said as I smacked his arm. He replied with an "Ow" and grinned.

Suddenly, the room burst open with my parents, Anne, and Grace.

"Oh my gosh guuuuurl! You are so getting married!!!!" Grace said as she attacked me with a hug, as Anne followed suit."

"I know! Isn't this exciting?" I replied half-heartedly. Anne rolled her eyes.

"Come on, atleast you can act as if you are nervous and happy for this wedding day."

"Grace is right Aynie. This is only once in a lifetime." Mom added.

"Mom, this is the third time." I replied and she just chuckled.

"But, the first and second one didn't have a sea of people and reporters waiting outside to see who the bride is." Mom said, referring to the swarm of people clicking their cameras outside the palace gate. Hundreds of police and palace guards stood in front of the gate, to avoid people from sneaking inside.

"How are feeling Aynie, honestly?" Mom asked, as I averted my gaze. I guess Harry took that as a sign that we need privacy. He said goodbye to my parents and to my friends as he left the room.

"Nervous mom. I mean, this time, everyone would know about me. I would get criticized, condemned, and I will surely have a lot of haters because of the fact that I'm ugly and I'm marrying the prince."

"Oh honey. You are beautiful, like your mom!" Dad said, teasing me and mom. Anne and graced just chuckled as they started to consume the chips on the buffet (yes I have a buffet in my room).

We chatted about random things as my nervousness started to eat me up. As soon as the designers arrived, my parents and friends went to their rooms to also get their hair and make-up done. We waved goodbye as my parents kissed me on the head, wishing me a "good luck and don't trip hun!"

A few hours later, we slowly made our way into the car, which was parked on the other side of the palace, without the reporter's knowledge. We had to avoid being swarmed, or else the ceremony would get delayed. It's 4 in the afternoon and in just a few minutes, we are going to say I do.