Chapter 3

Chapter 3: AVOIDANCE

.

.

.

.

The silence continued on our way to the meeting place.

He was here, sitting beside me with his eyes closed, crossed arms and legs.

I did the same, not the body gestures but the way he stayed quiet while waiting for us to reach the destination.

The car stopped in front of a house that I bet belonged to the Akashi family.

I didn't expect this. I thought it would be in some restaurant again or maybe a cafe.

Their house was huge and spacious.

There was a tall maple tree at the entrance and before reaching the main door of their house, I saw a garden on my left with a mini water falls in the stone surrounded by different types of plants. The outside was refreshing to see that if i didn't keep myself focus, my mouth would probably be hanging in awe. It was like a traditional Japanese house that was modernized a little.

We were guided or should I say, I was guided on my way inside. It was Akashi-kun's house after all, he knew what to do.

We reached the room that looked like a dining room.

There was a 10-seater table at the center.

My father was already there and sitting, with him was this one person who was probably Mr. Akashi.

They greeted us first before offering a seat.

I'm facing my father while Akashi-kun was on my side. He was still as quiet as he was on the car.

"So this is Izumi. Good evening, I'm Seijuro's father." He began.

I bowed my head, "Nice to meet you." I said.

"How was your first meeting? What can you say about my son?" he said while smiling at me but I couldn't help but feel a heavy sensation in my chest.

For some reason, just like his son, he was also emitting this intimidating aura around him.

He was smiling yet serious as if he could snap anytime if someone made a wrong move or choice of words.

I took a brief look at Akashi-kun and said, "He's a fine man." I based that on what I read on his profile.

Mr. Akashi nodded then poured a wine on his glass as well as on my father's glass.

He raised his arm while dancing the glass of wine in the air as they began talking about our marriage.

Few minutes later, the topic shifted to their business.

That made me feel as if we were not even needed here in the first place.

These two grown-ups here already knew what to do since it was them who started this idea.

Sooner, the maids started bringing some foods on the table. Good thing, I was already hungry.

We had our dinner. They kept talking about us and their business from time to time.

While slicing his food, my father suddenly tilted his head to face Akashi-kun. "By the way Seijuro-kun, my daughter will be attending Rakuzan High too starting next week. I hope you'll guide her since she is not familiar with the culture of Japan." He stated laughing a little at the end.

I wanted to choke when I heard that.

Wrong. I understand the culture of Japan. I'm full Japanese, why wouldn't I?