Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Engagement Part 2

Okay, there was a part of me that was embarassed for saying that. I think he was somewhat offended.

Why did I let my mouth ran again without thinking? Still, I won't get it back. I said that because that was what I felt upon seeing his expression.

"Izumi-san, it's time." someone peeked behind the door.

I glanced and moved to exit the room. "Where's Akashi-kun?" I asked.

"He's waiting for you Izumi-san." He replied, escorting me to the direction of the stairs.

When I saw Akashi-kun standing, I immediately went beside him.

"Seijuro-san, Izumi-san, please go on. They are waiting."

With that remark, we started stepping down on the threads of these wide stairs, from second floor to first.

Almost there, I saw bunch of guests wearing formal dresses and suits clapping their hands as they greeted the two of us with a smile.

I looked around. Who are these people?
They were all strangers to me.

When we reached the ground, my father offered a hand to guide me as I walked at the center of these unknown people. Akashi-kun quietly followed us.

"Meet my daughter, Izumi." He said and then he moved beside Akashi-kun "and he's my future son-in-law, Seijuro." My father introduced us. Akashi-kun and I bowed politely.

"Oh, they perfectly look good together." A woman commented.

"That's true." Another one said.

"Mr. Akashi, your son is handsome"

Akashi's father nodded while smiling at the woman who spoke.

"Your daughter too, Mr. Yanagi." She continued while looking at me.

My father raised a brow jokingly, "handsome?"

The woman laughed. "Beautiful, of course."

I was sneering and scoffing in the inside because I knew these people didn't mean everything they said.

They just wanted to please my father and Mr. Akashi.

I didn't like it. I hated getting compliments from people who didn't even know me.

It felt like I was being lied to. Although I was already used to this because my father usually told me facts about people inside and outside the business world since I was young.
I already knew how to handle this kind of situation. I just had to be polite and do what they wanted me to do.

After that short introduction, they began talking, laughing and discussing things about us until, again, as always, the topic turned to business and company's matter.

I wished they would let me and Akashi-kun sit or rest while they were talking stuffs that didn't concern us.

I stole a glance at him from my side. He had this serious expression but I felt how bored he was.

Suddenly, Mr. Akashi suggested that we should eat first before continuing the celebration.

I sighed quietly at ease. My stomach was actually begging for food already. The guests went on their specific tables.

Akashi-kun and I also got our own table, just for the two of us.

While eating, he didn't talk nor look at me. It was as if I wasn't in front of him.

"Umm..." I grumbled, wanting to start a conversation but he quickly stopped me from saying "Don't speak when you're eating."

Oh...