1 | New Beginnings - H

- 10 Years Later -

I quickly brushed my teeth and put on my favorite white leather zipper jacket over a white shirt. I slid on my white skinny jeans, then tiptoed back into the bedroom where the other girls were, grabbed my backpack and headed out the door.

Today was a big day, because my bestfriend, Yein was going to perform a song I wrote at Kcon. Yein has been my bestfriend ever since I was in 6th grade, and we were practically sisters.

I met up with Yein at the bus stop in which we gave a quick hug then proceeded onto the bus to Kcon. Since we were already living in Los Angeles, the bus ride only took a couple of minutes. We signed in and walked around to check out all the booths and activities that were going on currently, and stopped by a dance class that was teaching a dance by EXO.

We decided to take the class since we still had a couple of hours before our performance. We danced to their new song "Call Me Baby" & "Love Me Right" The dances were pretty hard, but since I really loved dancing, I picked up the steps pretty easy and fast.

Once the class ended we had just enough time to prep for her stage performance outside. I was completely awed at the amount of talent that we saw with the dancers and singers that were up on stage right before her, but they were all also chosen the same way as Yein.

Yein and I originally made a video of her singing to a song I wrote called "Butterfly" and sent it in as a contest entry to Kcon for fun. But we didn't realize how big the video would get, and apparently the people at Kcon headquarters loved it and chose her to perform.

After another round of applause, it was finally Yein's time to get up on stage and perform my song. As she walked up the stage, I suddenly felt more nervous then her probably. As Yein was singing, during the whole performance I could tell she was completely relaxed and having the time of her life.

"Leave your thoughts and worries all behind,

Save your words and keep them in your mind.

Aeyo Oh, won't you just laugh with me.

After all this time it's hard to believe,

Like everything among me is a dream.

Aeyo Oh, please will you stay with me.

Is it true? Is it true? You. You.

It's too beautiful, I'm afraid

Aren't you? Aren't you? You. You. You.

Will you stay with me right here?

Will you promise forever?

I know if I let her go now,

You'll disappear

Without, without a trace.

Will you suspend time,

So this moment can be mine?

If we only knew

You'll disappear

Without, without a trace.

Butterfly. Butterfly.

Like a butterfly. Butterfly. Away.

Butterfly.

Like a butterfly.

Like a butterfly.

Butterfly. Away.

Leave your thoughts and worries all behind,

Save your words and keep them in your mind.

Aeyo Oh. Won't you just laugh with me"

Her performance ended and I stood on the sidelines waiting for her to walk off stage. Yein ran to where I was at and engulfed me in a hug while doing her little happy jump/cheer dance.

"How did I do?," She asked out of breath with a smile plastered on her face.

I opened my mouth to reply, but what came out was a low male voice

"You did a very, very excellent job if I may say so myself."

I saw her staring at a figure behind me, so I turned and saw a Korean man who seemed to be in his thirties.

"Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jason Park, and I'm a representative for a company in Korea called SH Entertainment."

I continued to stare at him while my eyes continued to grow larger.

"SH Entertainment?!" She clearly couldn't keep her cool in front of this man. "As in that big company in Korea, SH?"

He chuckled with a slight grin at his lips. "Yes..."

"Yein. Yein Jeong."

"Ahh Yes Ms. Jeong, That SH." He paused and took out his notebook. "I was wondering if you wanted an opportunity to come train at SH."

When I thought my eyes couldn't go wider I was wrong. I looked over at Yein to see a grin that wouldn't fall from its place.

He shoved his hand into his inside pocket, and with two fingers handed Yein a business card.

"I saw you when you were attending the dance class earlier, and I must say I'm amazed at your dancing skills, which is as amazing as your performing skills. I recommend you auditioning at SH's annual Casting System. If you pass, you can become a trainee at SH. What do you say?"

Clearly too excited she immediately started nodding her head in approval.

"Doesn't that mean you'd have to move to Korea though?" I added.

Her thoughts came together and she finally was able to speak again," But what if we moved together?"

I looked at her with wide eyes.

"Mr. Park. This is my friend Halla Lee. She was the one who wrote the song, what if she came and auditioned as a writer at SH?" she asked hopefully looking between me and the big guy.

"Well..." he lifted his right arm and scratched it behind his head.

"We aren't really looking for any songwriters right now, and I can't really guarantee anything for her. The song was good enough, but for you, Ms. Jeong, there will be a higher chance."

I looked down with no words. I knew I wasn't an excellent writer, but for someone like him to say my writing was 'good enough' kind of brought my self consciousness to a maximum high.

"Can I possibly think about it tonight, and respond first thing tomorrow?" Yein asked getting rid of the awkward silence.

"Of course, please take your time. Just keep in mind that the Casting System is next week." He replied then proceeded to be on his way.

After attending another dance class this one being INFINITE, Yein's favorite group, we were tired and headed back to where I live, St. David's Orphanage.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I opened the door. Soon all the younger girls ran up to me and greeted me. I put my backpack down and started helping Sister Dhelia in making dinner for the thirty of us, including Yein.

After dinner, I went outside on the porch with Yein to talk privately since I didn't really have a room to myself.

"So... what're you thinking?" I asked Yein as I sat on the swinging bench.

"I don't know, I really do want to go, but I also don't want to leave you here. I mean.." she walked over and sat next to me.

"we always talked about our future together. You become a songwriter...I become a singer..." she gazed up to the stars while I just looked at her with a little pain in my heart.

"As much as I love you for always thinking of me, I do want you to pursue your career. Even if that means I don't. i shouldn't be stopping you from it." I responded.

After a moment of silence she asked, "But what about my question from earlier? What if you came with me?"