21 | Trust in Me - J

I sipped the cappuccino that was placed in my hands by CEO Jung's assistant. He had called me in to his office to talk further about last nights events. I tapped my fingers along the armrest of the chair waiting for his arrival. He had asked to meet early in the morning as he had a full packed schedule to attend to throughout the day.

I looked around his office and my eyes landed on the fragile frame on his desk. I still couldn't believe I found her. I let out a big breath of air. Only a few weeks ago was I mourning over her possible nonexistence. A wide smile appeared on my face when I realized everything that has happened since then. It was a blessing from above.

A loud snap of a door opening and shuffling of feet alarmed me that it was him. I stood up to greet him, and we sat down across from each other.

"Thank you for meeting me again, Jungkook. I know how unwillingly you like to be awake in the mornings, but I do have some serious matters to discuss with you."

I nodded at him to go on.

"Firstly, Minyoung. How is she?" he questioned with a sincere heart.

"Like I said last night, she's better than I could have ever imagined." My response to him came out a little more clipped than I had wanted to, but to be quite honest I was still upset about the way he had treated her.

"That's good," he nodded looking elsewhere. "Is she having a hard time?"

"A little, but she's strong," I paused before adding, "-like her grandfather."

He was content with that answer and nodded his head. He rubbed his temples before asking, "Now, this orphan girl that you have been playing around with. What is she to you?"

I was torn in wanting to tell him that the helpless girl that he had yelled at the night before was his granddaughter. I wasn't so sure how he would take it. If he knew the things that she's gone through would he be the same? No matter how cruel CEO Jung's words could sometimes be, he was still a kindhearted man. But in the end, I was furious in how he was bashing on her with no thought as to who she really is.

"Just an old friend." I responded.

"Alright, just be careful. If news goes around that you're sleeping with such a woman, then I will be in a horrendous position."

I said nothing to his comment as I knew that he would take it all back in the future, but as for now I had plans to attend to. More precisely, a person.

I rapped my knuckles on her door, not being able to wait any longer without seeing her. Even if I had seen her last night, I couldn't wait to see her again.

As my smile grew it faded immediately when I stared down at the red faced woman with blotches around her eyes.

"Halla, what happened?" I reached for her face and cupped it with both of my hands clearing her tear stained eyes.

She didn't say anything, but shook her head in response pulling her face and turning away from me. She tried to close the door but I slipped my foot into the doorway and placed my forearm on the door near her head stopping her.

"Halla," I peered at her questioningly. I looked into her room to see that her suitcase was wide open on her bed with clothes thrown messily around it.

"Just go," she whispered faintly.

"Why are you crying?" She said nothing and casted her eyes downwards. "Is this about what CEO Jung said?"

Hearing no response I became frustrated and barged my way into her room past her. I headed straight to her suitcase and started placing items back around the room.

"Jungkook!" Halla ran over and started pulling on my arm pleading for me to stop.

I walked into her bathroom placing her items on top of the sink. "Don't listen to anything he told you. He didn't mean it," I said calmly staring at the figure behind me in the mirror. She was still clinging with both arms on my one and it took everything in me to not think anything of it.

"It doesn't matter anyways," she sniffled out. "I said I would be leaving back after the party."

I turned around and brought my hands upon her shoulders and moved them down her arms. "Why do you have to leave? There's nothing for you there."

"There's nothing for me here either," she whispered silently into the now quiet bathroom. Her dejected hazel orbs looked into mine and I had the urge to kiss her, but withheld myself.

There was so much wrong in that sentence to me. I am here for her. Her grandfather is here for her. If only I could tell her.

"What can I say to make you stay?"

"Nothing."

I thought about it for awhile. We both just stood in the same position in each other's presence. I didn't want to admit it, but if I could stay with her like this forever I wouldn't mind one bit.

"Do you trust me?" I said lowly, interrupting the cutting silence.

She nodded her head very slowly and unsurely.

Without another word I grabbed the bag with her items that I had placed on the sink counter a few minutes ago and walked back into the bedroom. I sat her on her bed and went to grab her clothes that I had just hung up. I folded them neatly and placed them into the suitcase. During the whole process, no words were spoken. Only a confused Halla, who had cocked her head to one side, peered at me questioningly.

Once all the items were stuffed and put into the bag, I locked it and looked at her. I picked up her suitcase with one hand and held out the other in front of her, gesturing her to take it. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

"Home."

She took my hand reluctantly and followed me out of the building. My thoughts ventured to what CEO Jung had told me before, and I decided that right now would be the best time to visit my favorite place. Busan, here we come.