20 | The Duet - H

I took out the bracelet from my clutch and examined it again. It was so rare to have time to think about stuff, but recently since I've came here to South Korea I have had plenty of time to think through lots of things. It was so peaceful, and I loved it.

I flipped the burnt string between my long fingers and tried to think harder about the past. It was no use. I felt like there was a large wall in my head that was made of the best material in the world, and not even a meteorite could break it.

"Halla!"

I turned around to see who the low-husky voice belonged to, although I had a feeling I knew who it was.

"Jimin's been trying to find you! He sent Jin and I on a search throughout the whole building," he breathed out placing his hands on his knees trying to catch his breathe again.

"Sorry, Tae," I smiled sympathetically at him while I placed the bracelet back in my clutch.

Taehyung took his phone out from his pocket and made a phone call. "I found her, we're heading to the table."

His wide rectangular smile appeared back on his face once his phone was returned into his back pocket and he looked down at me.

I gave him a questioning look after a few moments of him staring wordlessly at me.

"You look amazing, Halla. Simply elegant," Taehyung said trying to impersonate a designer while his wrists flicked out. "-and hot, may I add."

"Thanks," I smiled while chuckling back at him. "Are they starting?"

"Yup," he said popping the p. "Let's go!" He ran over to me and held his arm out for me to take, in which I did gladly since the heels were killing me. I still couldn't understand how girls wore these things. Especially three or more inches of it.

Taehyung walked us both downstairs, and towards a table where the other members were at. They were all wearing a white tux matching each other; most likely because of their performance tonight.

I looked around the table and saw that everyone but Jungkook was seated. Taehyung seated me next to Jimin and an empty seat which I presumed was for Jungkook.

"Where's Jungkook?" I directed towards Jimin.

"He's the opening act. CEO says that Jungkookie is good at 'setting the mood'" He air quoted with his fingers.

I glanced around at the other tables and saw most of the tables consisted of many singers and groups from the company along with their friends from other companies. There weren't many people who were not famous, and that made me feel a little odd and uncomfortable. I could also see from my scan of the tables that some people were looking at me. Mainly because I was sitting at a table consisting of K-Pop's most talked about boyband, and I am just a small nobody who got rejected by their boss. Everything around me started to get stuffy and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I quickly turned back around in my seat contemplating on my next move. I looked around at the members. Taehyung, Jin and Hoseok were all talking on a phone connected to a selfie stick, which I presumed was them on the V app. Namjoon had earbuds in, and was writing somethings down on a notepad. Yoongi was resting on the table with his forehead on his folded arms, and Jimin was lost in a daze.

I grabbed my clutch which was laid on the table in front of me, and turned to get up. Before I could, I felt an arm grab my wrist. Jimin.

"Where are you going?"

"Uh, just to the bathroom," I lied. I really just wanted to get out of the room. I felt suffocated like I couldn't breathe.

"Oh, okay. Do you know where it is?" I nodded my head giving him reassurance, and stepped out. I speedily walked past a numerous amount of tables in order to get to the front door. It wasn't helpful that their table was located front and center due to their popularity.