15 | What's Going On? - J

I walked out of CEO Jung's room after hearing the shocking news. Before I had time to think about it, I bumped into Jimin.

"Hey Jungkookie, why are you so down," he asked me while scruffing my hair.

"Hyung!" I yelled trying to fix my hair after being annoyed with him.

"Sorry Jungkookie. I'm just happy that I got to spend a whole day with Halla," he grinned from ear to ear.

"Halla," I questioned. I could feel my ears perk up at the mention of her name.

"Yeah," his grin appeared never faltering. "Jungkookie. I know you're younger than me, and have never experienced love before..." he scratched the back of his neck and avoided eye contact. I could sense his nervousness on the topic, since I knew where he was heading. "...but, I think I may more than like Halla."

I didn't know what it was, but something inside of me twisted, and it wasn't a nice feeling either. It was more of a knot feeling, and overcame my whole body.

"You like Halla?," I questioned again, more as confirmation. I don't know why I asked because I knew he had liked Halla since the first time he brought her up in a conversation. I could see the way his eyes smiled when he said her name.

He scratched the back of his neck looking anywhere but me as he nodded his head.

"You should tell her," I wanted to say aloud, but something refrained me from doing so.

I don't like Halla, do I? No, you don't. I couldn't possibly like Halla. Especially since Jimin had basically just called dibs you idiot.

I mean, the only girl I've ever liked or loved other than family was, Minyoung. There was no doubt if I found her again, that I would not have a change in heart.

But Halla... she seems to have changed my heart. And I still don't know if I could accept that.

Replying finally, I decided on, "You both have gotten pretty close since she's been here, hyung. No reason why you wouldn't like her."

"I'm thinking of asking her out." What? "Don't tell anyone, okay? I know if PD finds out, my butt would be toasted. Plus, I'm not even sure if I will."

"What do you mean?" I asked calmly while feeling like I was fighting some internal battle that I couldn't understand.

"Halla told me she's planning on leaving back to America after the party. I really don't want her to leave... and plus I really like her. So why not just get her to stay a little longer?"

"So you're asking her out to make her stay longer?"

"No, no, no," he replied speedily. "Since I like Halla, and I want her to have a reason to stay longer, I want to ask her out," he said emphasizing the 'want'.

"What if she says no?" I didn't want to bring down his spirits, but there was also the chance of her leaving earlier than she planned due to it.

His face fell, and I immediately regretted stating the fact. I knew my words were more harsh-sounding than they were meant to be, but I couldn't help that I spoke what needed to be said.

"Jimin.." I said after he didn't respond.

"You're right, Jungkookie... I was totally caught up in her saying yes that I forgot what would happen if she said no."

I felt like a total douché. "Jimin, I didn't mean that. I just..."

"I know, I know," he looked back up at me and gave me his small smile which turned into a smirk.

"You're a good little brother," he said while ruffing my hair up again.

"Yah! Hyung!" I yelled again, fixing my hair.