Chapter 7

Sirius's POV

"Sirius!" Somebody dramatically whispered, a horrific attempt at an unsubtle stage-whisper "Come here."

I looked around the room and my face broke into a wide smile, "Hey, beautiful. Did you miss me?" I told Marlene McKinnon with a cheeky grin.

"No." She said harshly "Look, we need to talk." Her face was stony and serious, opposite to Marlene's usual flirtatious and cheery expression. "It's about James and Lily."

"Ok..." I said nervously. It was never a good topic to discuss with anybody, James and Lily. It usually led to somebody being upset.

"I think they got together. They have both been acting weird lately."

"Are You sure?" In my defense, it was completely normal for me to be skeptical- James had become the master at pining in the past two years and Lily had become the mater at turning down ridiculous attempts at asking her out.

"James and I have known each other since we were babies and Lily is my best friend. I'm as close to sure as anybody can get."

"Ok, but why is that a problem?" I was confused now. I thought that we wanted to get them together. We had tried countless times.

"It should be great, I know. But why haven't they told us about their relationship then? Why are they hiding it?"

"I don't know, Marls. Maybe we should just let them figure this out on their own." At that I walked away, leaving Marlene gaping after me.

I wasn't usually the type to leave stuff alone. Just because I said we should, though, doesn't mean that was my plan.