Chapter Three

Disclaimer: Yeah, I'm still waiting till the day I can finally own Naruto. Which is like...never?

Author's Notes: I hope to complete this story ASAP. Please do ignore the crappy, sappy title. I might change it, at least until I have an interesting title. I apologize first hand if there is grammar and spelling mistakes. I tend to do that sometimes coz I'm only human ~~~ The next update will be next week, Saturday or Sunday. For the time being...

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Chapter Three

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Three figures, two males and a female, stood in the midst of ruins. The effects of the battle between two brothers. The younger one driven into anger, revenge, betrayal while the older brother held an unimaginable burden upon his shoulders.

"This was the last place they've seen him," the taller brute informed his two companions.

The water user cursed loudly. They should have followed him or this would not have happened. They needed to track down their leader before it was too late. "Karin, Juugo," he said in a serious tone. "As much as it pains me to say this but we need help from him."

"Why him?" the redheaded Karin questioned. They knew who he was talking about. They were once his disciple after all.

"What other choice do we have?"

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Uchiha Sasuke sat quietly with a book opened in front of him. The seal on his forehead was burning ever since he woke up after his encounter with his old sensei and the Hyuuga Heiress a few days before. He was trying to soak up as many information as he can like a sponge with the help of his Kekkei Genkai - or known as sharingan. His eyes were stained by the excessive use and the seal was burning like hell.

He however did not cover it the way the Hyuuga prodigy did but instead he left his long bangs to cover it. He stubbornly refused to wear the forehead protector. He preferred being a nomad rather than stay in the village.

Rubbing his temples, he closed the book with a frustrated groan. He didn't know how long he had been in the library but it felt like he had been there for days. Well at least the Hokage kept her end of the deal.

His ancestors must be rolling in their graves for associating with a Senju.

The library was - and still is - a restricted area. Only the Hokage and few of Konoha higher-ups were allowed to enter. Sasuke was the exception to the rule. He was free to choose any time of the day to enter. One thing he was not allowed to do is: bring out any of the scrolls or books out. The library was actually smaller than he had expected and it was quite organized to say at least.

He left the scrolls and books he skimmed through on the table, not bothering to return to its original place because he knew that it will still be there the next time he spends his time in the library. Pushing the book away, he stood up and exited the Hokage tower.

The weather wasn't really helping him either. It was a little too hot for him. What made things worse was his clothes, his dark ankle-length pants and the standard dark high-collar shirt with the Uchiha emblem on his back.

A colour which absorbs heat the most.

"Teme! You came!"

Sasuke blinked as he regained his surroundings. The hyperactive blond bounding towards him with a smile stretching on his face. He could have sworn he just passed the Academy a few seconds ago. And now, he's at the training ground?! Did he really space out that long?