Chapter Nine

Disclaimer: You already know I don't own Naruto, so why bother?

Author's Notes: Honestly, I'm not really good in writing the fighting scenes but meh. You know most people would complain how little comments they got and I'm just here feeling lucky that I actually got comments! Also anyone here watched One Punch Man? Its bloody awesome. Go watch it. I might write a Fairy Tail fanfic someday....

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Chapter Nine

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Uchiha Sasuke was considered as lucky to be able to stay awake despite the metal bars protruded on his body and the amount of blood he lost. He looked across him, Naruto in the same position as him. He knew that no matter what, Naruto would stay alive - at least that's what he thought. The Kyuubi itself wouldn't risk dying in the hands of someone who is unworthy.

He tried to keep himself awake but he found it hard. His eyes were dropping and he felt the sudden urge to sleep. His eyes had faded back to their original colour. Just as Sasuke's eyes were about to drop he saw a figure landed not too far away from him. He recognised that dark hair; it was the same shade as his and those kind black eyes anywhere.

Okaasan?

Why would his mother be here? Isn't she dead? The figure that looked like his mother had her gaze fixed on Pein, who was stabbing another metal bar into Naruto's hand. The Uzumaki gave out a sharp gasp as it was connected to his body. She did not even flinch.

Sasuke blinked, he was hallucinating. No, was he dead? He blinked again and saw that the spot where he had seen his mother standing was replaced with Hinata. His fingers twitched and tried to reach out for her but he couldn't, a groan to escape from his lips.

When he caught her gaze his mouth moved, forming her name but no voice produced. Useless as it seemed, he pleaded with his eyes, begging her not to fight Pein. Leave! His eyes screamed. He would not risk it! The stakes were too high. She would die if she engaged him in battle.

She tore her gaze away from him and dropped down to a battle stance, her palm outstretched towards Pein. His eyes went wide and his mind was screaming for her to stop. "Gomen, Sasuke-kun but I have to break my promise," he heard her whisper.

At that moment, he felt like he was seven again. He stood in his parent's house and could only watch as Itachi killed his beloved mother. Her eyes, showing no signs of life stared back at him. He could only cry back then.

And now he felt as if he was witnessing his mother's death all over again. Only this time it was Hinata.

What could he even do? He couldn't even move without damaging his body any further. Heck, he didn't have any energy to even move. To answer his previous question: No, he could not do anything to save her. He could only watch as each time Pein threw an attack at her, he felt like a stab to his heart.

Hinata was on all fours, pushing herself up to her feet but her legs trembled and she fell. Pein stood across the field, an amused smirk on his face. She was at her limit and yet, she continues to fight. She crawled towards Naruto slowly. The kunoichi reached out and gripped the metal bar in her hands.

The Uchiha watched as Hinata proceed to remove the bars one by one, her lips moved to speak to Naruto. Sasuke shut his eyes closed. He couldn't bear watching her with the dobe like that. Naruto might have been dating Sakura but Hinata still held some feelings for the dobe.

Sasuke gasped sharply and his eyes flew open as he felt a stinging and sharp pain from his arm. His onyx black eyes met Hinata's lilac eyes. Didn't she hurt him enough already? He watched as Hinata moved her hands towards his left arm, her hands glowed green. He could feel his muscles stitching back.