Chapter Eight

Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure I don't own Naruto

Author's Notes: Maybe this time Hinata will save Sasuke *wink* *wink* hint. SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!!

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

Chapter Eight

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

As a ninja, death was very common in their daily life. A higher rank mission means a higher chance of death – casualties, the least. Yes, they are very familiar with death but it doesn't mean they are used to it. You can never escape from death. Every single person in the world will taste death.

Hyuuga Hinata would risk her life to save the ones she loves. She chose to become a medical nin because she wanted to save lives as much as she could.

The air she was breathing screamed death. It's impressive how much damage the Akatsuki could do to a single village. The Hyuuga pulled the toddler close to her. The poor child was crying and screaming for his mother, who was crushed under a wooden beam. "Your Kaachan would not want you crying," Hinata comforted the boy, wiping the tears away. "You have to be strong for your sister. I want you to follow the others to a safe place. Can you do that?"

The boy sniffed and nodded, tugging his sister with him. Hinata released the boy from her embrace, following the crowd to a hideout. She watched at the pair disappear with the crowd before she turned around, her Byakugan activated to find for more survivors trapped under the rubbles.

The Hyuuga was so absorbed in finding the survivors; she didn't even notice a member of the Akatsuki dropping down from the roof with a metal bar in hand, intending to kill her. she felt the hairs on the back of her neck rose and looked above her, eyes widening, she barely dodge the oncoming attack.

"Hinata!" she heard Sakura calling out her name, a frenetic look on her face. She twisted her body to look at her enemy. He was walking towards her. Multiple piercing on his face, orange hair, and the one called Pein, the Leader of the Akatsuki.

Hinata could not move it was as if her body was glued to the ground. She could only watch as the S-rank nin advance with the metal bar gripped in his right hand, his face impassive. Everything went in a blur as he dashed towards her and the attack was intercepted by another figure.

She stared at the red and white fan decorated on the upper of his high collared shirt. Pein jumped back a few step, a calculating look passed his features. Sasuke turned his head slightly towards her, eyes still glue to the man – she could see the Sharingan blazing. "Go now, Hinata. I'll hold him off," he said firmly, raising his katana in front of him. "Get Naruto or Kakashi or anyone."

The Hyuuga Heiress gapped at him, mouth open to protest but no words were formed on her lips. Sakura pulled her up to her feet after the last Uchiha moved towards Pein. Hinata turned to her Sakura's emerald green eyes pleading silently. Her gaze shifted back to Sasuke and Pein exchanging blows after blows before settling back to Sakura.

The pinkette removed her hand. "Sasuke-kun won't die," she assured her. "Let's find Naruto before anything bad happens to him."

Hinata nodded, a plan was brewing on her mind. She ran along with Sakura, her Byakugan activated to search for the orange clad shinobi. She was going to save Sasuke and no one could change her mind. She would risk her life to save her friends! She would risk death to save her family! She would risk everything to save –

Sasuke.

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :