Chapter Eleven

Disclaimer: Well, this is a fanfiction site and you know what that means? I don't own Naruto! *wipes tears* Sad isn't it?

Author's Notes: Mmm. Well, I'm not really satisfied with the whole chapter but I hope you'll enjoy it. It's basically a filler chapter, I think. And please leave a comment. I won't bite, really :)

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Chapter Eleven

: - : - : - : - : - : - : - : - :

Hatake Kakashi sighed as he carried the wooden beam with Sasuke near the river. Why would they need to carry these things there? Where's Yamato when you need him? Speaking of his kohai, where did he run of to? He better not be hiding somewhere in the forest. Everyone, he does mean everyone, had to do labour work, rebuilding Konoha from scratch. Especially the shinobi – they had to do extra work.

Kakashi had been mourning about his whole collection of Icha Icha – it was a full set too! –since day one. Sadly, the apartment he had stayed in was destroyed along with his Icha Icha collection and his plant Mr. Ukki. He nearly cried on the spot but Tenten had knocked some sense in him.

He needed to salvage some money to buy the whole set of Icha Icha collection again to replace the destroyed once and ask – probably beg – Yamato to conjure an exact replica of Mr. Ukki.

Those two were the main goals now. But his sweet, sweet sort-of-sister Tenten had laughed at him when she found him kneeling on the ground with his hands grasping his unruly hair, his visible eye wide in horror. Plus just as the sun rose up in the sky, he found out that Tenten had taken his only book and held it hostage. He was sure that his poor and lonely book was holed up somewhere.

"I swear Kakashi if you don't help us," Tenten had threaten him. "You'll never see your precious book. Ever. Again." Kakashi was helpless and agreed grudgingly. Plus Tenten had never stated when she would give his book back. It could take his lifetime to actually get the book back again – hopefully in a good condition.

Of course Tenten knew that he would behave, not with his book at stake!

Pushing his thoughts aside, Kakashi and Sasuke lowered the last wooden beam to the ground where some of the constructors were working. "Kakashi," he heard his student called him as they walked back to where they would receive their food rations.

"Kakashi-sensei," he reminded him.

Kakashi was amused when Sasuke rolled his eyes. "What do you know about that doppelganger on mine?"

Doppelganger? What doppelganger? "Who?" the jounin asked.

"Sai, the one that replaced me," Sasuke stated, wiping sweat from his brows. "Pale skin, creepy smile."

"Ah… What about him?"

"I don't trust him."

Kakashi snorted. "I would be surprised if you did. What makes you think I know something about him?"

"You owe me," he snarled.

"I don't owe you anything," the Hatake shot back. A small voice in his mind did say that he owe Sasuke but it was overruled when Kakashi reminded himself that he did prevent both Sasuke and Hinata from getting too intimate. A small hug could evolve into something else – something naughty. It was almost as good those books. Almost.

Tenten was right. He really need a woman in his life. (1)

Sasuke shot the older man a glare. "Where's that book I gave you?"