Chapter Six

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto because Shisui is dead T^T

Author's Notes: Early update because I'm not sure if I can post this chap this week. Oh and please, please, please comment and vote this story.

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

Chapter Six

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

Tsunade's gaze flickered to the Uchiha then back to report in her hand. "What is it this time?" she asked, clearly not in the mood. All she wanted to at the moment is gamble and probably drink sake later when she loses. But looking at the stacks of paper in the office... she decided she would at least clear them out before anything else happen.

"A D-rank mission?" he asked, incredulous. "I fail to see how this could give a great benefit to Konoha."

"Any mission which involves outside of the village are being held back at the moment," she informed, her gaze still fixed on the report.

Sasuke was fuming. He did not agree to go on D-rank missions. When he struck the deal with the Godaime Hokage, he was expected to do a higher rank mission - a B-rank mission the least. But he did not expect on a D-rank - to find a lost boy at that.

Hinata - his partner for the time being - took a small step and stood in between the Hokage and him, preventing Sasuke to make any rash actions. She will never let him - or anyone - hurt the Hokage.

Tsunade, who decided to ignore the subtle movement, laid the report on her desk and fixed a glare which was directed to the Uchiha. "Need I remind you, Uchiha that you are still a genin," she stated firmly. "I don't care if you killed two Akatsuki members single-handedly but rules are rules. You are a genin and you are going to take your assigned D-rank mission. Now go, Uchiha - you too Hyuuga."

Her attention went back to the pilling paperwork and she received two different responses. The two eye doujutsu user was smart enough not to push her buttons.

: – : – : – : – : – : – : – : – :

Uchiha Sasuke was supposed to be grateful to have such a forgiving and kind Hokage. But he was grateful enough that the Godaime was lenient. She let him choose his own partner for his first mission back-to-Konaha - and the missions after that.

The first thing he did was remove any kunoichi that comes into his mind in his short list of friends. Yamanaka Ino and Haruno Sakura was definitely out, the later would pester him and the former would cling to him like a leech. He had not been close to Tenten before - he only admire her weaponry skills. However, Hinata's name was not crossed out from his list and he left it that way.

He just couldn't...

"So why did you chose me out of all the Konoha shinobi?" the Hyuuga heiress asked, rearing his attention back to her. He took a side glance at her. She was looking ahead, not sparing him a single glance. She had somehow gain confidence during his absence.

Sasuke ran his hand through his hair. "Well, Sakura is annoying, Naruto is ten times worse and that doppelganger of mine? No, just no," he concluded. "And I don't mind being around you."

It's true that he didn't mind. Ever since little, she was the only girl that didn't like him in that way - although his brother, Itachi had pointed out that his crush on the Hyuuga heiress was as clear as day.

The small voice in his mind remarked that Hinata hates him to the core, the moment she found him and brought him back to the village. But as always, Sasuke pushed that voice annoying voice away and focus his objective.