Chapter 16) Not so Sweet Dreams

~ Danny~
"How about we call it a night?" Asked Dad. We all nodded. With a jolt, I realized, that all my stuff was at the mystery shack.
"Um... Dad? All my stuff is at the mystery shack." I responded.
         "I guess you can run over and get your stuff." Dad said. I nodded and started to walk out of the room.
          "Wait, Danny. If it gets too late, just stay over there." Mom called out to me. Yes! I don't have to stay here!
          "Okay!" I shouted back. Once I got out of the mansion, I started jogging back to the Mystery Shack. By the time I got there I was completely out of breath. Why didn't I fly?
I entered the mystery shack to hear a bunch of screams coming from upstairs. Sam! Mabel! I was about to run up the stairs, but I saw Dipper in the living room.
"Um.... What's going on?! Why is there screaming?" I asked Dipper nervously.
"Sleepover." He said without looking at me.
"Sleepover?"
"Sleepover." What could be so bad about a sleepover? I mean come on, makeup, dumb board games and gossip? Oh, I see where Dipper coming from.
"Um... Where are we going to sleep?" I asked.
"I have no clue." He responded. "Well... I tried to ask Ford if I could sleep in the basement. He almost laughed and said no."
"Huh. Well I'm going to check on them. You know just let them know I'm here and alive." I sighed while I walked up the stairs.
"Oh, just to let you know, Dani's here." Dipper said without emotion.
After he said that, I ran up stairs. What happened to her? Why didn't she contact us earlier?
       Once I got to the top, I realized something was wrong. What happened to the screaming? Why did something not feel right? Why do I feel sleepy? Why am I asking so many questions?
But, seriously. What happened to the screaming?
I opened the door a little bit. Huh, nothing jumped out like I kinda expected it to. I looked down their.... Sleeping? Last time I checked the clock it was nine thirty. I'm no pro on girls' sleepovers, but aren't they supposed to stay up all night?
They looked so peaceful, but a the same time something was wrong. I sighed, something is always wrong. Well for one thing... They weren't in their sleeping bags. Also there was a metal helmet on their hands. Nocturne. He must behind it.
~ Dipper~
The screaming stopped. Huh. That's strange. What's taking Danny so long? He never said when he would come back down, but he seemed to be up there a long time.
My curiosity finally got the best of me. I got up and walked up the stairs. I opened the door to find Danny standing over the girls.
       "What happened?" I cried out.
        "This ghost has people fall asleep and has their dreams make him more powerful." Danny said frowning.
           "What can we do?" I asked.
            "I can go into their dreams and surprise them." I couldn't believe Danny was saying this as if he was talking about the weather or something! How many times did he have to deal with this type of thing?
             "Okay, what can I do?"
             "I need you to explain to the others what is happening. Then once everyone is awake, we will go into town to see if anyone else is sleeping." He was saying this with such confidence Danny was kinda sounding like Ford. Is that what happens when your in these situations over and over?
       Before I could say another would, Danny just seemed to disappear. Well, I guess I have to wait.
~Sam~
       I have no idea what idea how I got here, but I don't want to leave. Danny and I were having a picnic under a beautiful willow that over looked all of Amity Park. Fall out boy songs came from an unknown place. His smile and jokes would come at the perfect times.
          At the same time, I knew something would go bad. Even if we had an actual date before, sometimes would go wrong. I sighed.
       He smiled and said, "What's wrong?"
        "Nothing." I mumbled.
        Suddenly, a giant colorful stuffed animal  jumped out of no where. I closed my eyes and screamed (of course out of surprise. I'm not scared of stuffed animals). 
       I opened up my eyes. I wasn't under a willow with Danny, but on the floor with Dipper sitting next to me.
        "What happened?" I groaned.
          Dipper went into a rush of words, but I got the jest of it. Nocturne doing what he did last time. Danny trying to wake everyone up. Somehow it felt different. Like it wasn't only Nocturne doing this. Maybe I'm just paranoid or maybe I'm right. I don't know. I just have to sit here and wait.
~ Mabel~
         Dipper and I were mystery hunting in the woods. I was making jokes and Dipper was laughing at everyone of them. The forest was beautiful. Gems were everywhere, the leaves were changing colors. I sighed knowing the colors changing means fall and fall means school. School means no more summer.
         "What's the problem?" Asked Dipper.
          "Well, the leaves are changing and that means fall. Fall means school!" I whined.
           "What are you talking about? Summer lasts forever?" Dipper said looking worried.
            I started gasping for air. No summer is supposed to last a couple of months. I love Gravity Falls and don't want summer to end. This is ridiculous! The shock was too much. I blacked out.
         "Mabel, are you alright?" I heard Dipper ask.
        My eyes were slowly opening, but emu surroundings were still fuzzy. "Dipper, is true?" I whispered. 
       "Is what true? Are you okay?"
         Finally, my eyes popped open. I wasn't on the forest floor anymore, but on the shack's. "Ugh. Dips? How did I get here?" I questioned.
        "Mabel. This dress ghost.... Um put you to sleep and whatever just happened was all a dream." He told me. "Danny was waking everyone up. He surprises people in their dreams, so then they wake up. I checked the town, it was just us that got affected."
      I didn't want to tell Dipper that it wasn't Danny. It felt like.... I don't know. I just know that it wasn't Danny that surprised me. He wasn't even there.
      I sighed missing the dream. I loved that the summer would last forever, but I..... Actually I don't know. It felt wrong. Like right before something jumps out in a movie.
     I heard a gasp. I looked to see Dani laying on the floor with Danny sitting next to her. Dipper and Danny started explaining to Dani what happened. I really didn't notice what they were saying until Dipper called out my name a few times.
     "Mabel? Hello? Are you listening?" Dipper said while waving his hands in front of me.
      "Hmmm..... Evil sleep ghost. Blah, blah, blah." I responded. 
        "Are you even listening?" He questioned. 
        "No. I'm mean of course."
          "We were talking about where Nocturne could be." Dipper said.
          "I'm right here." A evil voice said from out of nowhere. What's with evil voices coming out of nowhere? I mean come on!
I turned around to see a carpet of stars. I mean it was amazing in a dreadful way. No don't get me wrong the stars are pretty, but it was what is on top of it. It was like pale human face with red eyes. That wasn't the scary part. It was the bulls horns that was coming out of the head that was scary. They were big. Bigger than real life.
The red eyes suddenly switched to gold. No not only gold, but it had a pupil. It was a straight line.
Danny fainted. No he was asleep. I don't know the difference, but I just knew. Dani was next.
"Good night, Pine tree and shooting star."