Chapter 28) The Voice

~Danny~

Ugh. I know that evil laugh from anywhere. Bill. Is it wrong to say that I am sick of him? Probably not. He's probably sick of me too. This is just great.

"What do you want?" I screamed into an empty street.

"Danny are you okay? There's no here, but us."Sam soothed.

I looked around. Just to see a familiar, but empty street. I couldn't think straight. I know there was a voice. I know it was Bill's."What do you mean? You guys didn't hear the voice?" My voice was barely audible.

"It's okay, Danny. We're safe." Dani said, trying to cheer me up.

"Never say it's safe. That's what always happens in movies and suddenly the bad guy appears." Mabel said, trying to lighten the mood. Instead, she made things feel more ominous.

"let's go inside. Maybe tell Tucker about what happened." Sam reasoned.

"Good idea, but who's Tucker?" Dipper asked.

"A nerd. You would like him." Sam joked.

"Hey!" Dipper protested.

The Fenton Works looked the same as usual. The big sign made it nearly look like a tacky tourist trap like the mystery shack.

"Wow. You live here? Why did your parents put up this sign?" Dipper questioned.

"To keep popular kids away." Danny answered dryly.

"Is that a joke?" Dipper frowned.

"Depends on who you ask." Danny replied simply.

The group entered the house. Everything seemed normal to Danny.Nothing was out of place, but a strange emptiness lurked in the house.

"I'm hungry, got any food?" Dani announced.

"First of all you're always hungry. Second, I haven't been here since the beginning of summer, so I don't know if we have any." I stated.

   "True, but it doesn't change that I'm hungry." Dani complained.

   "Okay, maybe Nasty Burger?" Sam asked. 

     "What's Nasty Burger?" Dipper asked.

     Sam gave Dipper a smirk.

~Dipper~

When Sam gave me that smirk I was genuinely scared. I thought the place was going to be a dump or I don't know some creepy place. Instead, it was a normal fast food restaurant. It was a little dirty, but what fast food restaurant isn't?

For about thirty minutes I felt like a normal teenager. We laughed, teased each other talked. Sometimes we didn't need to talk, there were just a nice moment of silence before we move on to the next topic.

Once, we got back to Danny's house. No one seemed to know what to do. Danny was acting strange, but I thought nothing of it. I mean who wouldn't be acting funny after getting home from a summer at Gravity Falls? Danny didn't seem to know his way around his own house. He also kept on bumping in to stuff. Now I think of it, he was really quite too.

After minutes of wondering around the house, Sam finally spoke up. "What are we going to do about the sleeping arrangements?"

"I don't care." Danny murmured.

"I have a place to stay already. " Dani claimed.

"Are you sure?" Sam questioned. Dani just nodded. "Okay then. Dipper and Mabel can share the guest room. No, maybe Mabel could be Jazz's room. I'm sure Jazz wouldn't mind. What do you think, Danny?"

"I think that's a good plan." Danny said plainly. "Oh, it's two o'clock in the morning. Huh, no wonder those severs gave us strange looks when we  walked in."

          "Yeah, maybe we should sleep?" Danny asked unsure.

            "That sounds good." Sam responded. "Oh, maybe it's too late for me to go back home."

             "You can sleep in the guest room, I'll sleep on the couch." I told her.

               "Are you sure?" Sam questioned.

               "Yeah, I'll be okay."

          Since we didn't have any change of clothes, we just slept in my day clothes. Even Danny didn't change. I guess some people could normally sleep in their clothes, but I don't think that Danny slept in his day clothes when he slept at the shack.

          Everyone went to bed or in my case a couch. No matter how many times I relaxed or closed my eyes, I couldn't fall asleep. I guess it was because I was in a new place or something else. No matter what I couldn't fall asleep.

           I don't know what time it was when I heard someone coming down the stairs. The person wasn't really quite. I didn't know what to do, so followed the person. Maybe I shouldn't have, but most people wouldn't go for 'a walk' in the middle of the night. I will find out what's happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update. I promised a soon update, but it happened a week later. Well, that's what my promises mean. Please vote for my story or any other Gravity Falls story you love at GravityFallsWatty

I'm also making a new book called Steampunk! Danny Phantom. I plan to get the first chapter published by the end of the weekend, but you know the thing about my promises.

  Thank you so much for the comments and votes. Please comment any ideas or anything else on your mind.