Waste the night

About three years later

"Anna Sims!" The crowed roared and I stood up and walked onto the stage. Breathing heavily I gripped the notes in my hand, mentally preparing myself for the speech I was about to give. "Please welcome our Valedictorian!" The clapping got louder and in the crowd multiple people were staring right at me. I could see my parents and little brother in the crowd. I looked to my friends and they were all smiling and clapping. When I got to the podium I looked in the crowed again. Why am I looking for him? He's not going to be here. He doesn't even know about this. Focus. Breath.

After graduation there was a party at my friends house. I was outside talking to my cousin Justin and his fiancé, Carrie. They were talking about their plans to get an apartment somewhere in Florida after they got married. "Wow! That's sounds really cool. I'm so happy for y'all!" "Thank you, Anna, it means a lot." Carrie hugged me and then they went to get some food. Standing alone, observing the crowd I saw Chloee, Kaybre, Allie, and several of my other friends. I began to walk when suddenly someone grabbed me from behind. Turning around suddenly they pulled me close to them and held on tight. Thinking it was either one of my friends or family members I squeezed them back. A few minuets later they were still holding me, rocking back and forth. Then I smelled a familiar scent. I leaned my head into the chest of the anonymous hugger and breathed in. Oh my God. I wiggled out of their hold and looked up into the face of Calum Hood. "Hi." He smiled from ear to ear and waved. My voice hitched, was this real? I pinched myself just to be sure. He looked over my shoulder and waved. Turning around I saw Chloee, Allie, and Kaybre walking towards us with Ashton, Luke, and Michael. I turned back towards Calum, "Hi." Staring at him I was unsure what to do. After all, I haven't seen him in three years. The others reached us and we were all hugging each other and catching up acting like nothing happened. Do something! Don't just stand there. After a long group hug Calum hugged me again. "I'm sorry." I could hear the guilt in his voice. I just stood there in his arms letting the silence speak for itself. He squeezed me tighter and whispered in my ear, "Anna?" "Yeah?" There was a pause and I could hear his heartbeat gain speed. "I-I I love you." Gasping, I squeezed him back. "I love you too." Not able to hold it back any longer I began to cry. In his arms I felt safe so I cried and cried some more.

He's back. Their back.

After minutes of holding each other he pulled away and grabbed my hands. Looking into his eyes I noticed they were red and puffy. He had been crying too. He smirked and pulled me close, centimeters from my face he whispered, "I think this is long overdue." He leaned closer and kissed me. When our lips met it sent fireworks down my body. It filled the void he created so long ago. He pulled away and hugged me again. Three years. I haven't seen him in three years. The realization of this hit me again and I started crying harder. "Don't worry, I'm back."

--------------------------------------------
Authors Note

Hi guys!! I'm pretty satisfied with this book so far. I don't know how much longer it's going to be but if you have any ideas just message me! Thanks for reading!! Please vote it means a lot. I love you!

                       -Oddly_Amazing