Chapter Four: Decisions, decisions.

~Bri~

I sat silently as Julz walked back and forth in front of me, ranting about how rude I was at dinner last night. Which, I admit, I was totally wrong for acting that way. But I’ll never tell her that.

“Seriously, Bri! He has been nothing but nice to you! He tried to get you a recording deal! He’s tried to befriend you! You’re just being a bitchy little kid! Being totally immature! You seriously hurt his fucking feelings last night, you know! I have no idea who you are anymore, Bri!” she stopped to look me dead in the eyes. “What happened to the girl who loved everyone?”

I sighed, standing up to face her. “I’m right here.”

“No.” she shook her head. “Before the concert, you used to be just like Chris. You loved the world, and everyone in it. But now?” she shook her head. “What the hell changed after you met him? Where‘d THAT Bri go?” Julz turned to walk out the door.

“Julia.” I called behind her.

She held up her hand. “When you talk to the real Bri, let her know I miss my best friend.” with that, she slammed my bedroom door close.

I sighed and fell backwards onto my bed and looked at the ceiling to think.

Maybe she was right. Maybe I am being immature. I’d call Alex and ask him for advise, but I’m not in the mood for a lecture.

But am I really being wrong? I mean, seriously. How many people go back stage at a concert, meet Christofer Drew, and then he ends up listening to your band, showing up at shows, and trying to get you to sing with him? Be for real. The chances of that are slim to none. And why to me? Of all people. Why is he so damn interested in the one person who doesn’t want to be bothered?

Maybe this is God’s way at getting back at me for something I did in a past life…

But…this could be my shot to go big time. Even if I don’t like Christofer, he could really start my career. But then I’d owe him…Would it all be worth it in the end?

I sighed and rolled off the bed to find my phone. Dialing Julia’s number, I stared at the ceiling and waited. I can’t believe I’m actually about to do this.

“What is it, Bri?” she hissed into the phone.

I rubbed my temples and sighed in defeat. “What’s Christofer’s number?”

-----------------------
*next day*
-----------------------

I laid in the middle of my yard, waiting for Christofer to get here. It’s way too hot out here. I mean, I understand it’s summer, but still. I’m just about sweating to death in jean short shorts and a tank top. I mean, really. There is a point where this heat is just plain ridiculous.

“You just think you’re soooo funny, don’t cha, God? You must really get a good laugh from my life.” I whispered to the sky.

“Uhm, who ya talking to?” a happy sounding voice said from above me.

I opened my eyes and saw a tall shadow with messy looking hair, a cigarette one his hand and a guitar case in the other standing by my feet.

“Ya know, those things are gonna kill you one day.” I said, squinting to see the out line of his shadow.

“Well, we’re either living everyday or dying everyday.” he blew out some smoke. “And I’m living everyday.” he chuckled to himself.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. “Keep up with the sarcastic ass comments.”

“Will do.” he put out his cigarette on the sidewalk and held out his hand to help me up.

I just stared at it for a good 5.2 seconds.

“People normally grab these,” he wiggled his hand. “for balance when getting up from low places.”

“No shit, Q-tip.” I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up with ease.

“Q-tip?” he repeated, chuckling.

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Because you’re long, skinny, and have a fluffy top.” I stood on my toes to pat his hair. Which, of course, didn’t even make me nearly as tall as him. Damn tall people.

He smiled and bit his lip. “You can’t just call me Chris?”

“Nahhh.” I said, walking backwards to my door. “That’s what everyone calls you. I gotta be creative with mine.” I winked at him and turned to unlock the door.

“Well.” he laughed. “It’s a hell of a lot better than the carrot eating devil. That’s for damn sure.” he said under his breath. Not sure if I was supposed to hear that one or not.

-------

Q-tip stopped singing and playing his guitar to look at me with puzzled eyes.

“What?” I frowned.

He bit his lip, smiled, and cocked his head to the side. “Why are you staring at my lips?”

“Uhm…” I had to think of an excuse. Or at least something to change the subject, because I really didn’t know how to answer that question. “Doesn’t that hurt? Biting your lip ring, I mean.”

“Not at all.” he smiled. “But you didn’t answer my question.”

“I was…trying to memorize the lyrics…?” ‘Yeah…’ I thought to myself.  ‘I’ll go with that.’

“Well,” he picked up his song book and moved it to the other side of the couch. “If you sat next to me, you could just read them.”

Again, I stared at him for 5.2 seconds.

“Com on, Bri.” he chuckled. “I don’t bite.” he smiled. “I mean, unless you’re into that kinda thing, then I can--”

“Shut up, Q-tip!” I threw a pillow at him, giggling uncontrollably.

He winked at me and patted the space next to him. “Come. I’ll teach you the lyrics and the chords.”

I sighed and got out of the chair I was sitting in -on the other side of the room I mind you- and sat next to him.

He handed me the song book. “Remember this one? The one I sang at the concert?”

I raised my eyebrows. “You really think I was listening to your music? I was trying not to get killed by your fans!”

He laughed. “No, you heard this one.” he smiled and started strumming strings. “Jane, doe, I don’t think I know ya, but I know, fo sho--”

I put my hand over his mouth. “Okay, okay! I remember.”

He slowly took my hand off his mouth. “You play guitar, right?” he asked, staring at my fingers.

“Uh, yeah.” I frowned. This kid is so weird…

He smiled, kissed my palm, and put my hand on my thigh.

I just stared at him, wondering what the fuck just happened. “You’re weird, you know that?”

“I know.” he smiled for the 30th time in the past ten minutes. “And you like it.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note: Ahhh, the plot. It’s starting to be reveled. It’s getting interesting. (:

Vomment (comment and vote) and fan! Love you for reading! :D

 -Lexi Rain<3