Chapter Sixteen: Why You Don't Trust Condoms From All Time Low

Chapter Sixteen: Why You Don’t Trust Condoms From All Time Low

~Bri~

“So, who’s the baby Daddeh?” Jordan asked with a smile, handing me a cup of coffee. Despite the cute little smile stuck to his lips, I could tell he was concerned. I guess it had something to do with how pale I’ve turned. And I’m pale because I’m scared. Scared out of my mind. I might be a parent soon. AND I got pregnant on tour? Oh I can just hear Zack screaming “I told you so!”. Not to mention the worst part of all, it’s Christofer’s baby. That’s the last time I’ll ever trust a condom from Jack and Alex…

I put the cup down. “I can’t tell you.” I gave him a sad smile as I stood up. I probably should find out if I’m even pregnant before I start freaking out and telling people. I grabbed my jacket and headed for the door.

“Where are you going?”

I slipped on my boots, thinking. If I am pregnant…would I be able to wear these in five months? “CVS.”

He stood up, walking toward me. “Want me to come with you?”

“Nahhh.” I shook my head. This is something I need to do alone. “I’m good.”

----------

~Christofer~

Danny sat down on the couch across from me, sunglasses still on his face, smiling. “So what’s up with Bri?”

I stopped the strings on my guitar, calmly staring at him. Even though I was a little mad that he would ask that. I knew what he meant. And I knew for a fact he wasn’t asking how I felt about her. He was asking if she was single and if he could flirt. “No.” I said with a friendly smile, shaking my head.

He took his shades off and raised an eyebrow at me, the same way Bri does. Damn that girl is taking over my mind. “No?”

“No.” I repeated more firmly this time. It’s no way in the world I was letting him flirt with Bri. “She’s off-limits. Pretend she’s HD tv. You can stare at her beauty, and watch her all day, but you can’t touch her. M’kayz?

He raised his eyebrows at my tone. “Bri’s the girl you wrote the song about, isn’t it?”

“Which one?”

He gave me a ‘you know damn well’ look. “Can’t stand it.”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Jane Doe was about her, too. I just didn’t know who she was when I wrote it.”

His eyes widened a little before he leaned forward in his chair. Oh, I probably shouldn‘t have said that last part. “Explain.”

I sat down my guitar and leaned back on the couch, remembering. I might as well tell him. “Alright. It started about, eh, about five years ago. Before the band took off...”

*FLASH BACK*

August 2006

Jeremy and I’d driven down to North Carolina from Missouri for a show at this place called Amos southend. It’s supposed to have some pretty good local bands playing. Why we drove over 15 hours for this, is a mystery. But Jeremy never does anything unless he feels it necessary. So, we’re here for a reason whether we know it or not.

“Chris man! This is gonna be so fucking rad!” Jeremy yelled, jumping on my shoulders as we stood in line, waiting for the venue to open. “Bro, there are some fine ass chicks in this place.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “And all of them are out of your league.”

“Probably, but I can look. Aye girl! What’s up?” he yelled to a blonde girl who gave him a nasty look as she walked past. I shook my head, smiling. Can you believe this is my best friend?