Chapter fourteen: Where Shit Gets Complicated

~Bri~

“So why do good guys, like bad girls? I’ve had this question for a real long time. I’ve been a bad girl, and it’s plain to see, so why do good boys fall in with me?” I sang along to the music while I leaned over the counter, putting on my eyeliner.

“You’ve got pep in ya step, you live your life with no regret. How you looked when you were wet, is something I can not forget.” Alex winked at me as he smacked my butt. “I just wanna kiss your lips…the ones between your hips. If cashed in all my chips on you, then baby I’d be rich.”

“That is so damn nasty.” Jordan glared at Alex.

Alex returned that glare before giving him a look of disbelief. “This is coming from the kid who’s fuck buddy decided to make a surprise visit to last night’s show?” he rolled his eyes. “You can’t even talk, munchkin.”

I laughed at Jordan’s facial expression. “Why do you know that song so well, Alex?”

“What? I can’t listen to Falling In Reverse?” Alex jumped up and down with the plastic guitar in his hands. Yeah, he’s playing rock band. So cute.

“I dunno.” I shrugged, chuckling to myself. Might as well mess with the kid. “I kinda saw you as more of a Taylor Swift person.”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “Funny.”

Chris stumbled in the door, eyes bloodshot, clothes messed up. “Heyyy everrrybodyyy.” he slurred, dropping the things in his backpack on the floor. He stared at his stuff, laughing.

“What the hell?” I put my eyeliner down. “Are you drunk, Christofer?” he looked like he was about to pass out. I ran to him, catching his arm right before he fell over.

He smiled up at me. “Maybe a weeeeee bit.”

“And you look stoned.” Alex added from behind me, laughing.

I rolled my eyes. “Dude, he always looks high off his ass.”

“True.” Alex shrugged.

I walked Chris to his bunk. Well, more like dragged. This is like the third time he’s done this. Gotten so high or drunk that he can’t even walk. How he managed to get back to the bus is a mystery to me. I sat him down on his bunk and went to find him a dry shirt.

“You gotta stop doing this, Chris.” I pulled his shirt over his head and threw it in the dirty clothes hamper. I act like his freaking maid…Or his Mother. “It’s not cool.”

He grabbed my face. “You’re so pretty, Bri.” he smiled. “I’m sorry I keep doing this to you.”

I pushed his hands off, and started putting the new shirt on him. “You need a tic-tac. You’re breath is awful, bro.”

He smiled and laid down. I rolled my eyes, wondering why I even bother doing this. I guess I owe him, kinda. I pushed his bangs back and kissed his forehead. Poor thing. His head is gonna be killing him when he wakes up. Especially when I’m playing SKRILLEX in his ears…on full blast. He totally deserves it for being dumb enough to get this messed up. “Stop.” I whispered to him. “Before you to get hurt. Or worse.”

“I’m sooo sorry.” he gave me a drunken smile and put his hand on my cheek. “But I love you.”

I gave him a confused look. What did he just say to me?