Chapter twelve: Tears, Love, and Rock n' Roll

Chapter twelve: Tears, Love, and Rock n’ Roll

(Sidebar photo is of Alex Tomkins.)

~Bri~

“Alright, alright. You guys got me that time.” Jordan said to We The Kings, laughing.

“Wait,” I said, holding my hands in the air when Jordan hugged Danny Duncan like they were the best of friends. “You two know each other?”

“O hello.” Danny smiled.

I raised an eyebrow at his tone. “Hey.”

“What’s kickin, chicken?”

I heard that he says that, but I didn‘t think it was true. “KFC.”

The whole band started rolling with laughter. “That’s the best one, yet.” Travis said, still laughing like crazy.

----

I lay awake in my bunk, staring at the ceiling, but not really seeing it. I sighed to myself. You can practically cut the tension in the air with a butter knife. Since Julz was on the BVB bus with CC, -apparently, they’re good friends now- it’s just me and Q-tip on the bus, acting like we’re asleep. Seriously.

We’re giving a new meaning to the term “awkward silence”.

My pillow started buzzing. I reached under it and gabbed my phone. “Oh, you bitch.” I chuckled bitterly as I answered it. “You have some real fucking nerve.”

“Bri,” Alex sighed from the other end of the line. “Hear me out.”

“Pshh. I‘d rather not.” he should feel lucky I even picked up. “You know, I used to love your voice.” I chuckled bitterly again, remembering. “Now I hate it. And you. Bitch.” I ended the call. This kid has so much nerve, it’s not even funny. He’s all cocky now. I swear, I don’t even know him anymore.

“Bri?” Q-tip whispered from his bunk.

“Yeah?” I answered, sounding a little surprised that he spoke.

“Was that Alex?”

I sighed, biting my bottom lip, trying to stop the tears. I failed. “Yeah.” damn it…my voice cracked.

“Bri,” the screen to his bunk opened, and then mine. “Oh, Bri.” he climbed in next to me, whipping the tears off my checks. “Don’t cry, honey.”

Damn. That did it. I started wailing like a little kid. This is total bullshit. Me, crying, CRYING, over Alex Tomkins. That bitch. He doesn’t deserve tears. He deserves tiny cuts with lemon juice squeezed in them. And salt. Yeah…salt too…

An hour. 60 mother freaking minutes is how much time I wasted crying over Alex. And the worse part is, he doesn’t even care. He’s probably on his bus, laughing with his stupid band. That, or he’s fucking some stupid groupie. I wouldn’t be surprised. Stupid jerk face.

Then I realized, this was probably the longest I’ve gone without insulting Christofer. “Why do you do this?” I asked after I calmed down.

He laughed, playing with my fingers. “Do what?”

“Put up with me.” I looked up at him. “Calm me down, stop me from crying, hug me, even after I push you away and insult you.”

He smiled at me. “Because I care about you.” he pushed my bangs back and kissed my forehead, before chuckling, “And because I’m an idiot.”