Chapter 8

Xephos POV

It seemed like a normal day at honeydew inc. I was finishing up our new quarry and Honeydew was eating jaffas, again. “ how are we going to make a profit if you eat all the jaffas Honeydew!” I yell at him.

“But im hungry!” he whined back at me,“besides, we have a infinite supply of eggs, milk, and sugar.”

Just as I was about to reply Hannah and Nilesy rush through the door. Hannah sobbing and Nilesy hopelessly trying to comfort her, “It's ok Hannah, as I said, they probably flew away before anything could happen to them.”

“Hannah! Whats wrong?” I ask her. She just looks up at me and crys. “What happened?” I ask Nilesy

“ There was some crazy explosion that happened outside our base and another that blew up her owl sanctuary. We couldn't find her owls anywhere and thats why shes crying.” Nilesy says in a depressing tone.

“Hannah, it's ok, like Nilesy said, there birds, if they think anything is a treat, they fly away and come back later.” I say to Hannah making her feel better. Just as I say that, the door opens again and in walks Sjin followed by Sips. “Yeh guys, hows the factory and farm?” I say in a greeting voice.

“My farms fine.” Sjin says he looks over to sips.

“Sips co. was attacked by a mob of enderman and creepers. Stealing blocks, blowing up, anyway, we were hoping you two didn't mind helping us kill all them mothertruckers.” Sips says in his usual voice.

“Well, um, were kind of busy with Hannah over here, something happened...” right then I watch Martyn run in with Toby slung over his shoulder.

“Oh my gosh what happened Martyn!?” Hannah says as she runs over. “Honeydew, find a flat surface, Xephos, find me some water, Sips, find something to use as a pillow for him! Now!” Hannah ordered. I quickly come back with a bucket of water and see honeydew has cleared off a table and sips has found a fluffy piece of bread for a pillow.

I just look at him and he says “What? It's all I could find! Either this or raw chicken.”

We place him on the bed and ask Martyn what happened. “ I woke up cause I smelled the forest on fire, we opened the back of our tent to find a mob of creepers and enderman. We ran, but Toby got surrounded and got blown up, that knocked him out so I carried him to sips co. but no one was there and there were creeper explosions and chunks taken out of the wall, so I ran here.”

Just as he finished talking, Zoey and Teep burst through the door. Zoey was crying and bleeding on her arm. Teep a sniper rifle and was looking out the door looking for something. “Zoey? What happened?” I say as Hannah again runs over and starts to bandage her arm.

“Me Duncan and Teep were at Duncans palace when we saw creepers and enderman everywhere,” everyone seemed to pay extra attention at her when she said that, “ we then heard his voice outside, we ran out to greet him and he tried to kill us, not just us but everyone. And, and, and,... we left Duncan behind.” she said wailing “ We shouldn't of left him alone with him Teep, it wasn't right!” she said as she cried.

“Zoey, who is, this he you were talking about?” I say in a calm voice as I try to comfort her.

“Rythian” she says quietly. Everyone gasps in shock.

“Did he have his scarf, because I found his scarf in the forest the other day, but it was gone today when my,” Hannah pauses “ Owl sanctuary got blown up.” Zoey shakes her head yes. “Then it must have been him who attacked my owls!”

“And if there were creepers and enderman at Duncans when he attacked, then he must have been the one who destroyed Sips co. and who burned down my forest and almost killed Toby!” Martyn yelled.

“Quiet!” I yell. Everyone stops talking “ From what Zoey has said, Duncan has sacrificed himself so we have a little time to prepare. Now then, lets make sure Duncans sacrifice isn't in vain!”