Little Baby Steps (Zayn Malik)

Zayn stared at her, his chestnut eyes glimmering with pain and confusion as she shuffled around the small room, her hands lingering on her stomach. “You are what?” he asked, his usually brash voice small and echoing with the harrowing fear that grew in his eyes. The girl looked at him, a sad, fearful look growing in her blue eyes “You heard me Zayn” she whispered, a single glass-like tear cascading down her cheek, “I’m pregnant” she muttered, her ice like orbs landing on the floor with a look of guilt playing in them. He watched her, his mind gnawing at him painfully as it flashed back to the night they met, the night that looked set to change his life…

“Come on Zayn” Harry whined, his eyes flashing childishly as he tried to convince his older team-mate to join him “You only live life once” he said, his eyes growing more and more convincing with every word he spoke “Please?” he said, sticking his bottom lip out and pulling a puppy dog face “For me?”

“Harry I really don’t want to” Zayn replied tiredly, the truth was the younger man was pooped, training was long and had taken a lot out of him, all he wanted to do was to return to his home and sleep it off, but he was insistent “Please?” he repeated, the same puppy dog look pulling at his features. Zayn could feel himself caving but tried tirelessly to resist “No Harry, I want go home”

“Zayn, I don’t wanna go alone” he said “Please dude?”

“Ugh, fine, but you are paying for me, all night” Zayn stated, Harry nodded his head in agreement and smirked widely at his friend “Dude, you will not regret this” he grinned widely, bouncing enthusiastically on the spot. Zayn shook his head at his friend’s actions and sighed “And here I thought I was the teenager” he stated dryly, Harry rolled his eyes

“I’ll pick you up at eight, be ready” he grinned widely as he scurried towards his car. Zayn let out a tired sigh and strolled towards his own, a tired look playing on his youthful features.

The day flew by and before he knew it, eight o’clock had rolled around and Harry was stood in his doorway, a look of utter impatience etched onto his features. “I told you to be ready” he whined. Zayn lifted his head from his wardrobe and rolled his eyes “Well I do apologize” he muttered sarcastically, Harry groaned and moved towards the shorter man, stealing a plain white shirt from the closet “Put it on” he muttered tossing it at Zayn the Englishman rolled his eyes tiredly and pulled the shirt on over his bare torso “Satisfactory?” he asked Harry and he rolled his eyes and seized his friend’s wrist “I don’t care what you wear, just get your ass into the cab” he whined. Zayn shook his head and stormed out of the house and towards the awaiting cab.

The club, it had a name but he wasn’t really paying attention, was buzzing. Music coursed through the air with a clear and distinguishable baseline, one that thudded tirelessly inside of Zayn's tired head. Girls strolled through it, many dressed in pieces of cloth not worthy of being named a dress and others were draped off the arms of drunken men. He sighed, as much as he usually loved the party scene, he truly wasn’t in the mood that night, all he wanted to do was sit on his couch, play a few games of Fifa with a beer and then retire to bed, but of course, his inability to refuse the invites of his team-mates had made sure that couldn’t happen. “Dude, would you look at this place?” Harry exclaimed giddily, his face lit with a smile that should have belonged to a child in a sweet shop “It’s buzzing” he said, Zayn nodded, his face lit with a false smile to satisfy his friend

“Sure is” he stated, his voice laden with falsified joy, luckily, Harry was so caught up in admiring his surroundings he was unable to pick up on it. “I’m going to grab a drink, want one?” Harry asked, his eyes still awestruck by the surroundings he found himself in, Zayn nodded head and “Let me get them, you go out and enjoy yourself” Zayn called over the music, earning a wide grin from his friend who handed over a crisp twenty pound note “There you go mate, have fun” he laughed skipping away onto the dance floor. Zayn sidled up to the bar, resting his weary arms on the cool surface.