Home Again

Chapter Ten

"Angel,relax! You can do this!You're great!"

"Moose,I don't know..."

We were finally about to present our dance for our project and I was practically shaking! I could hardly breathe. Moose and my brothers were doing their best to try and calm me down,but my nerves were ruining me.

"Just let the music move you,okay? You got this." Moose said,right before it was our turn.

I nodded even though I was still terrified. Then the most amazing thing happened,Moose gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was like all of my worries went away and I was ready to dance. More than I had ever been in my life.

As we went up,I noticed the angry looks that my brothers were giving to Moose,but a look of my own fixed it.

The music started up and just like Moose told me,I let it move me. Our movements were in sync and I never wanted to it to stop. I could have danced with him forever and always.

After it was over,the class erupted into cheers and I was more than relieved. Hopefully this meant an 'A' for both of us. Then the bell rang.

"You guys were great!" Michael said to us.

"Almost a little too good,"I heard Darren say. I jabbed him in the stomach.

He was obviously referring to some of the sexy movements in that dance. At the moment,I didn't think anything of it,but then I remembered how much I like Moose and started to blush a little.

"So it's Friday. What are we doing tonight?" Chase said.

I looked up at my brothers.

"Sorry,guys. We have work tonight." I said.

Everyone groaned.

"Again?! You guys work way too much!" Smiles interjected.

Sure,we felt bad about it,but we had just lost everything we owned and we needed the money.

"Sorry,maybe later?" Darren said as we walked down the stairs.

I really wasn't looking forward to work that night,but I had to go. It wasn't like all of our problems would automatically be solved.

Out of no where, Darren and Michael started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked,raising an eyebrow.

"We aren't really going to work." Michael said to me.

"What?"

"Yeah,sis. I called your boss and told her that you couldn't come in today." Darren said to me.

I was pissed.

"Why the hell would you do that?! We need that money!" I yelled.

I knew that my brothers often did dumb things,but this one topped it all.

"Because you'll be too busy helping us move furniture."

"Furniture?"

"Yeah,furniture.You'll see soon." Darren laughed.

I silently freaked out as we waited for a stop on the bus. Then I started to notice strange things.

"Guys,this isn't our stop."I said when Darren told me that it was time to go.

"It is now."

Normally,I would be on the fence,but I trusted my brothers. I was sure that they wouldn't kill me,right?

"Welcome home,Angel."

"Guys! You didn't...how?!"

In front of me was the house that we grew up in.The house that had so many memories,good and bad,but mostly memories of Mom.

"Mom's lawyer finally called back to read us the will when you when you were at work. She left us 200 grand!" Michael said.

"What?!"

I was in shock. I didn't even know that out family could have possibly gotten that much money,especially since Mom was a single parent.

"Yes! That was more than enough to buy the house back with."

Tears poured down my face because I never thought that it would happen.

I never thought that I would be home again.