That Sick Feeling

Chapter Four

                                "Angel!” I heard, as I was walking up the stairs. I looked over to see Moose.

                                "I didn't know that you go here!” he said, full of excitement.

                                "It's my first day.” I said, shyly.

                Just then, Michael and Darren walked up to me.

                                "Have good day, little sister. See you later, Moose." Darren said hugging me after Michael did. After they walked, I noticed Moose looking at me kind of strange.

                                "Little sister?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

                I shook my head.” I’ll explain later.” I said, walking away to my first class that I had with Moose.

                                "How far in the future is later?” he asked, like a child asking for a toy.

                I just simply gave him a glare.

                                "Mamacita, you lookin' good!” Missy said, coming up and hugging me.

                                "Ditto.” I said, hugging back.

                                "Angel, I didn't know that you go here."Andie said.

                                "I do now, it’s my first day.” I said for the 2nd time.

                I noticed Moose looking at me in a weird way, but I decided to ignore it. I guessed Andie and Missy noticed too because they tried to play it off.

                                "Moose, I have to show you that thing, remember?"Andie said.

                Moose was clueless, but before he could say anything else Missy and Andie pulled him away. I was left to fend for myself. I slowly sat down next to the wall. Then Chase walked in.

                                "Hey, Angel. I got my brother to cut you some slack since today is your first day and you know...you don't dance anymore..."He said.

                I whispered a thank you before going completely blank. A few minutes later, I heard a door close.

                                "Let's show our new student, Angel Parkinson, how it's done.” Dean Collins said.

                I watched as they went over a dance routine that they apparently had done many times before. It was almost magical, almost unreal. The dance caught every beat, every move worked perfectly. I was caught in a daze from just watching them, until the bell rang. It left me feeling sad and almost sick to my stomach that I was given the gift of being able to dance, but I didn't use it anymore. I felt incomplete.