It's A Secret

Chapter Five

            I decided to stay late after school because it was my night off. I stood in the dance room, playing around with my ipod trying to find the right song.

                        “Are you going to dance?” I heard a voice ask. It caused me to jump and become nervous.

                        “I was going to, but I didn’t know that a certain curly haired dancer would be watching.” I said, turning around see Moose. He was watching me intently. Then he walked across the room and flipped to a mix on my ipod. It had a familiar sound.

                        “I still remember it.” I said. I recalled one summer at a dance workshop. Moose was my partner and we put our hearts and souls into the dance.

            We gave each other a knowing look and started to dance. It had been almost a year since the last time I danced, but I guess you never forget what you know best. In that moment, I remembered why I loved dancing. The beats and the sound flowed through us as if we rehearsed it yesterday. When the music stopped, I stood in an almost state of shock.

                        “Angel you were-“

                        “I have to go.” I said, cutting him off. I left as fast as I could.

                        *****Moose’s POV*****

                                    (The next day)

            I kept thinking about dancing with Angel. For someone that didn’t dance anymore, she was incredible! I could tell that she was born with the gift of dance.

                        “Angel,” I called to her, when I saw her walking out of the dance room.

            That day her hair was curly and free. She wore her signature baggy hoodie and Nikes. She barely looked at me as if she was afraid of what I would say.

                        “You forgot your ipod last night.”

            She looked up at me and smiled slightly.”Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something.”

            Our eyes connected.” About last night-“We both started to say.

                        “You go first.” She said practically insisting.

                        “You’re an amazing dancer! I honestly couldn’t tell that you haven’t dance in a while. You could join our crew!” I said.

                        “Yeah, Moose…about that, you can’t tell anyone, not even my brothers. No one can know.”

            My smile faded.”Why, Angel? You have a gift. Use it.”

            She shook her head.” See you later, Moose.”She said.

            Even though I disagreed with her, I swore to keep her secret. I was going to find someway to help her realize her gift.