I'm In

Chapter Eight

There stood all of my glory,burning down in front of me.Our apartment was on fire.

"No!!"I yelled as I started towards the flaming building.

I didn't notice that Michael and Darren were behind me,pulling me away.

"It's gone now,Angel! Let it go!" Darren said.

"I can't,"I screamed,wanting to break down."Everything that we had left of mom was in there,everything we had was there!Where do we go from here?!Nowhere,there's nowhere to go!!"I bawled.

My brothers were reaching to comfort me.We all knew where we were going to go...back to the shelter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy.The cots in the shelter weren't as comfortable as my old bed,but I knew that I had to forget about that.It would probably be a long time before I had the warmth of a regular bed.I looked over to Darren and Michael.They had slept on the floor that night,they shelter had run out of cots and they insisted that I take the last one.I felt terrible about it,they always had to make a sacrifice for me and I had no say in what happened.

I decided to leave for school early,thinking that no one would be there yet,and I needed to clear my mind.My hair would have to stay a curly mess because I honestly had no energy to fight with it.It was early and no one else was awake yet.I thought about leaving a note for my brothers,but I'm sure that they would know where I was.

MSA was a dark scary place at that time of the morning,but I needed to get the extra clothes from my locker.After I changed into a baggy,dark purple hoodie,black skinny jeans,and my favorite blue Nikes,I went to the dance room.I just wanted all of the frustration to end and I couldn't shake the feeling.Dance was what I needed at that moment.I blasted music into my loud speakers and just let the music take control of my body.When I was dancing I didn't feel alone,I felt safe,I wasn't scared.It was like everything was back to normal.

"Angel!!"I heard.

I turned around and nearly died.I saw my brothers and the crew behind me.I swallowed hard.

"What was that,Angel?"Darren,said smiling."You're dancing again!"

I looked down."It was just a one time thing."

"Angel! You're wonderful."Kito said,struggling on her words.

"Who's in favor of Angel joining our crew?"Chase,shouted.

Everyone raised their hands.I looked at Moose.He was blushing when he looked at me.

"Wait,I didn't agree to this!!"

They all looked at me,it was a similar deviant look.

"You have no choice now!"Smiles said.

I turned a darker shade of red."Well....what were you guys doing here anyway??!!"I tried to change the subject.

"We decided to come for an early practice,but don't try to change the subject!"Andie said to me."You're in the crew no matter what and you are showing everyone in class that dance!"

I giggled.At first,I felt really upset,but then I realized that it was what I wanted.Dancing is what I loved,I couldn't hide it or keep myself from doing it.It was my life.I looked up at them and I could tell that they were all awaiting my answer.

"I'm in."