The Start Of Something New

Chapter Three

            “Angel, wake up! “Michael yelled at me.

            “Don’t want to be late for your first day at MSA.” Darren said.

    I woke up disoriented, still in my clothes from the night before.

             “Already. “I managed to speak out. My brothers nodded

  I suddenly felt bad. “I wish you guys were going with me it’s not fair. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice a quality education for me.” I said, tears welling up in my eyes. I guess the tears woke me up a little bit because when I blinked they were dressed.

            “Wait, you guys are dressed  ...it’s only 9 am and you don’t work until later…”Then it hit me.” YOU GUYS ARE GOING TOO!”I smiled, jumping up and hugging them.

            “Dean Collins got us all in on full scholarships. “Darren said, watching my excitement.

            “Yay! I’m so excited! “I yelled, running to get ready.

  After showering and brushing my teeth, I dressed in black jeggings, a pink tank top, a black hoodie, and Nike high tops. I decided to straighten my hair, not wanting it to be a mess for the first day of school. I put on a thin layer of eye liner and mascara, finishing it off with a clear lip gloss.

             “I’m ready! “I yelled to my brothers from my bedroom.

   They walked out of their room. My brothers and I were forced to move out of our house and into a tiny two bedroom apartment, when our mom died. We all had to get extra jobs just to pay for it.

    Then knew my thought exactly. I was thinking about mom and everything that happened afterwards.

              “Everything will be okay, Angel. “Michael said.

    I just shrugged and headed for the door, hoping that the car ride would be silent.