Great Party...I Guess

Chapter Twelve

"You look so pretty,Angel! You look like an Angel!"

I laughed at Andie's pun.

"Will Moose think so?"

"Of course!"

I smiled.

"Picture time!" I announced as I took a selfie in the mirror.

I sighed. They were right,I did look pretty.

"You guys look great,too! Thank you,Missy,so much for throwing me this party."

"No worries,you deserve it. Now go out there and get your man!"

I giggled. At that point,there was nothing that I could lose.

"Happy Birthday!"Everyone screamed when I walked out.

All of my friends were there and I couldn't be more grateful.

"Guys,thank you so much for coming!"

"We couldn't miss your party,Angel."Chase said,hugging me.

Soon,I was pulled away by the one and only,Moose.

"Wow,Angel you look...gorgeous."

I blushed."Thanks,you don't look too bad yourself."

He smiled."Care to dance?" He asked,hopeffuly,as if I would say no.

"When have I ever said no to dancing?"

I took his hand and our night was filled with dancing. Everyone soon joined in.We were all doing what we loved best,dancing.

When a slow song came on,Missy took the opportunity.

"Cake time,everyone! And hurry up because if I don't get any cake,ya'll will be sorry."

Everyone fled the dancefloor for cake,I was about to until Moose grabbed my hand.

"Stay..please."

I smiled and nodded.I couldn't believee that it was happening,that Moose wanted to slow dance with me!

"Angel,I need to talk to you." He whispered in my ear as I got closer.

"About what?" I said,matching his tone.

"About us."

My heart skipped a beat.

"Us?"

"I...really like you,Angel."

"You..do?"

"I do.You're amazing. You're beautiful,smart,a great dancer,and... I...can't stop thinking about you."

"Moose..."

"It's okay,if you don't feel the same. I just wanted to tell you that. I know that you probably just see me as a friend and a brother,but I see you as so much more than that-"

"Moose..."I tried to say again,but his constant rambling was getting in the way.

" Angel,hear me out,please? I-"

I cut him off the best way I knew how,with a kiss. Soon I found my hands in his soft,curly hair and his hands around my waist,but sadly,we soon had to come up for air.

"Angel..."

"I like you,too,Moose. That's what I've been trying to tell you." I said,still whispering.

I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Be mine?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I said,giving him a peck on the lips.

"Sofie! Come get some cake!" Missy yelled.

Moose's head snapped up.

"Sofie?" He said.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh..I have to..."

"Just go."

He kissed my forehead then ran after Sofie.

Great,I just got the boy of my dreams to be my boyfriend and he already wanted someone else.