Wolverine

You sigh as you sit down at the bar in the old, run down bikers tavern. You'd been on the run for a few weeks ever since you lost control. You hadn't meant to snap, but a person can only be pushed so far before they have to push back. The bartender walks up to you and asks what you'll have. You keep your head down and order a beer, you hair falling over your face. He nods and heads off to get it, leaving you alone at the bar. You sigh and stretch a little taking the chance to look around. The tavern was busier than you had hoped for, of course it was a Saturday night and the men of the small town probably had nothing better to do. You spot a few scruffy looking men checking you out and you scrunch up your nose in disgust. You turn back to the bar hoping they'll leave you alone, and sip your beer, which had been placed down in front of you as you were examining the place.

You hear clumsy footsteps from behind you and you turn to face a drunken shaggy man with a disgusting grin on his face. He looks you up and down hungrily. "What a purty thang like you doin here by ya self?" He slurs. You can smell the wretched odor of old booze and grease and it makes you internally gag. Regaining your composure you give him a cold look. "Trying to enjoy a drink in piece so if you can kindly fuck off, that'd be great." His smile drops and he growls lowly. "What you say bitch?" You smirk. "You heard me. Or maybe your to stupid to understand, do I need to repeat-" He suddenly brings his hand back and goes to slap you- hard- in his drunken anger at your words. You close your eyes waiting for the pain but it never comes. You slowly open your eyes and see the slap had been stopped, the drinks arm had been gripped tight around the wrist by a new hand. Your gaze travels from the hand, up its connected arm, all the way to a very ticked off man with a cigar clenched in his teeth.

He narrows his eyes at the drunk. "Listen bub, the girl said to leave her alone, so that's what you're gonna do, m'kay?" The drunk yanks his wrist away. "Oh yeah? Who's gonna stop me?" You hear a blood curdling ripping noise, and you see three large blades shoot from the hands of your rescuer. "If you keep at 'er, I'll be forced to make things messy." The drunk gets a scared look on his face and he steps back before dashing out of the tavern.

You watch him for a moment before snapping your attention to the man. "Thanks for saving me.. Though I could've handled it." He retracts his 'claws' and gives you a look. "Oh really? Then why was your only move of sense to clench your eyes shut?" You huff and stay silent causing him to smirk. It quickly disappears as the ringing of sirens fill the air. He curses and looks to you. "Well kid I gotta go-" you stop him. "One, not a kid. I'm 27. Secondly, I'm coming with you." He gives you another look. "Who said you were coming with? I'm not a baby sitter." You narrow your eyes and wave your hand causing the whole bar to burst into flames. His eyes widen and you smirk. "And I don't need to be baby sat." He sighs and quickly looks to the front door as he thinks.

He finally nods and grabs your arm "Ok come on then. I got a truck round back." You follow him through the fire exit and you both run out to a older truck that has logs piled in the back. You hop in the passenger seat and he starts the engine, and then burst forth through the parking lot. You speed down the road leaving the scene behind you. You watch it from the rear view mirror and see the tavern get surrounded by red and blue lights.

As you get father and farther away you can't help but to feel a sense of relief wash over you. You slump down in the seat and sigh, your long (h/c) locks falling in your face. The man glances over at you. "Hey kid what's your name?" You look up at him. "(F/n) (l/n)" He doesn't say anything for a moment. You go to look back out the window when he speaks up. "Logan, Logan Howlett." You smile. "Nice to meet you Logan. It's glad to not be the only mutant I know anymore." He smirks. "That so kid?" You nod happily. The car falls into silence, but it's not uncomfortable in the slightest. In fact, it was calming, something you hadn't felt in a while.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
"Wait did you still refer to me as a little kid?!"
".......Yep."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here you go guys! I'm sorry if he's out of character it's been a while since I've done a Wolverine fanfic... But any who's I'm glad I've been finally able to update over winter break and I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas \^_^/