Prologue

California - February 2, 1984 - 07:14 A.M

THE MORNING sunlight shone through the window layer as I fluttered my eyes open, a grin on my face as I remembered what day was today.

My little sister, Taylor's birthday.

My messy red hair was sticking up everywhere when I looked at my reflection, frowning playfully, while brushing some wild strands of hair from my face.

Michael Jackson's Billie Jean was blaring through the radio on my nightstand as I did my morning routine, drying my hair with my towel, singing along the artist, moving my head along the beat, grinning childishly.

I put on a red dress with black dots and a black belt and red high heels, dancing around my room moving my hips, walking away as soon as the song was over.

"You seem cheery today" My mother, Erin laughed softly gazing at me through long eyelashes,

I smiled chuckling, walking past her toward the fridge "Was it obvious?" I asked, peeking her cheek, leaving a bit of red lipstick on her skin.

She smiled a little in amusement, scrunching her nose slightly "It is when the house shakes with that loud noise"

I shot her a look from over my shoulder "That noise you talk about, mother is called music"

She shook her head, sandy blonde hair following the movement, chuckling "As you say so..." she gave a light shrug placing a salad on the table. "Is Taylor up, already?"

I shrugged looking up from a piece of jam. "Thought she was already downstairs. I want to give her a present before I go"

Mom smiled softly, "I'm sure she's..."

"Morning!" A soft and childish voice came from the upstairs and I found myself smiling widely at the sight of my little sister. Her perfect blonde curls bouncing with each step she made down the stairs. She wore a blue dress with a yellow cardigan, jacket styled.

I reached forward, lifting her in my arms as I spun her around making her let out a shriek, starting to laugh. "Jackie!"

"Happy birthday, Tay" I told her, putting her down, ruffling her hair "10 years is a big age" 

Taylor pouted fixing her curls, frowning "You undid my hair"

I laughed softly. "It's okay. Mac still likes you that way, anyway" I smiled teasingly watching her cheeks turned a little red. I knew she had a small crush on that boy but I hoped it was only that, cause she was too little to feel that way.

"Shut up" Taylor mumbled, her cheeks rosy.

I shook my head laughing and tugged her hand leading her to the couch and made her sit down. "Now, Birthday girls shouldn't act that way" I scolded lightly, giving her a small gift box, sitting next to her. Taylor smiled in excitement "Or, they won't get anything from their big sisters"

Taylor's baby blue eyes widened in happiness, grabbing the box from my hands, looking up at me, "Thank you!"

Taylor wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I returned the hug before she began to open her present, pulling out two matching set of silver necklaces. I had found them the other day at the mall and I knew instantly my sister would love them