4

TECHNOLOGY was something I was barely getting used to on this time, cellphones was still a struggle for me

I sighed shooting a glare at the phone Taylor had given me as Mac worked on his computer on the living room. His and Taylor's emotions, (I could tell now it was that what I felt) were being now easier to tell from each other and what they were feeling.

Now and then with each new emotion I felt, a small prickle of pain showed up but I could handle it.

Gazing at Mac, I could feel something shifting on him as his eyes flickered up.

"Something wrong?" I suddenly asked while sipping my orange juice.

Mac, startled pushed a button on the screen of the computer, immediately shutting it off. It amazed me how easily they could turn off the electronics these days.

"There is a website of the 4400" He began hesitantly, pursing his lips, leaning against the chair.

I frowned, sensing something bad coming from him, tilting my head "Is that a bad thing?"

These days, I didn't knowing if web sites were good or not yet.

His feelings shifted again making my frown deepen

"What makes you think a website is a bad thing, Jacqueline?" Mac asked

I pursed my lips, placing my orange juice on the table "Because you think that way"

I crossed my arms, raising my eyebrows accusingly.

"What makes you say that?" Mac asked, nervous all of the sudden. It was weird how what he felt had so many changes around me. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was bipolar "Answer me, Jacqueline"

I bit my cheek, scratching my forehead "But is there something wrong?" I pressed, avoiding his question as well.

Mac sighed in frustration, opening the computer, "Yes, there is. A man, one of you... There are people saying he killed someone"

I furrowed my eyebrows at the image of the man, tilting my head aside when I recognized him.

"I saw him on quarantine" I told him.

Mac nodded "They said that he killed someone only by think about it"

Mac leaned against the chair, watching me as I read the comments.

I tilted my head aside with frowning, feeling slightly hurt.

"They're calling the 4400 freaks" I told him, looking away form the computer, frowning upset "Why freaks? We're not..."

I stood, starting to pace around the table, passing a hand through my hair, sighing.

"I know, Jacqueline" Mac told me, but there was something in his voice that it was wrong on what he said "But these are people's thoughts, there's a thing called liberty of expression, you can't shut them out"

"But they can't go around telling other people were freaks!" I exclaimed crossing my arms, looking  back at him, sensing something shifting on his emotions again.

"I'm not saying you're one" Mac said calmly.

I tilted my head aside looking at him closely, sensing the nervousness and the hesitance you have when lying.

I wouldn't have noticed it if his emotions weren't that strong.

"You think I'm a freak" I stated calmly, crossing my arms, lenching my hands into a fists from where they were tucked in my arm pits.

Mac's eyes widened, starting to shake his head.

"No, I don't. Don't be ridiculous" Mac exclaimed, but doubt hit me as soon as the words left his mouth.

"Don't lie" I told him sharply, surprising him and myself "I feel when you lie to me" I added quietly. That made him shut up, looking at me, wide eyed. I tilted my head aside "You're afraid of me" It wasn't a question. I knew the answer even before asking the question "You're a good person, I know that now when I see with Ty, you changed... But you're still afraid of me, you don't even know what to feel about me, you are civilized with me because of Taylor but there's something about you that shifts when you're around me" I continued, easily reading him "I can feel this fear coming from you. How? I don't know. But it's there. You think I'm going to hurt you, don't you? And now that people is expressing of us as freaks and killers, those feelings raise... Giving me some kind of headache, let me add. But trust me when I say this, Mac. I'm not a killer, nor I'll hurt you. I'm not what they accuse me of"

I grabbed my orange juice and stormed out of the kitchen leaving him with feelings of surprise, shock and fear which terrified me because I shouldn't be able to sense all of that. At all.