5

MY VISITS to Mount Rainier -The place we showed up- at night were making my stay with Taylor much better along with this sensing other emotions thing.

I could tell I was getting better on pushing back the pain every time my sister was close by and that made me feel better.

I was in the kitchen trying to understand how that machine coffee worked when the familiar shift of my sister's emotions filled the air making me look up over my shoulder as she walked to the kitchen dressed nicely.

"What do you think?" Taylor asked whirling around showing me her strapless black dress, it hugged her figure nicely.

As of jewelry she was wearing silver bracelets and earrings. Her hair was on a half up-half down style, her hair on waves and silver high heels. She seemed excited and she radiated some nervousness.

It was her first night out with Mac since I came to the picture and I couldn't help but feel guilty about how I treated him the other day, basically telling him I could do weird things. It caused some tension between us and he pretty much avoided me, not wanting to be in the same room as me. It caused sadness on Taylor but she never showed it physically. I knew it cause I felt it. 

"You look beautiful" I told her, smiling softly

Taylor wrapped her arms around me, for a moment forgetting skin contact made me uncomfortable. However, all I could sense was positive feelings making me smile and relax.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, chuckling, embarrassment flooded the air so I tilted my head aside curiously as to why that specific feeling was in the air before another began to increase.

... Love?

"I'm going to have dinner with Mac" Taylor said dreamily, making my smile fade away though I forced one for her sake before she could see it.

"That's great" I let out, smiling slightly. 

Lately, Mac was giving me a weird and bad vibe but I could never find out why.

Thankfully, Taylor didn't notice my fake enthusiasm and hugged me again

"I feel terrible for leaving you here alone" Taylor told me, frowning apologetically. 

I smiled, shaking my head "Don't be. You have been neglecting your husband since I came back. You can not do that anymore"  Hesitation and concern flooded and I shook my head raising a finger "Nah, go ahead. I can entertain myself"

Taylor frowned warily.

I forced a smile, kicking myself from reacting before she could say something.

"But this would be the first time I let you alone since you're back" Taylor said slowly, hesitation written over all of her face.

I waved a hand. "It's alright. You've taught me the basics I need to know to survive in this time. Go and have fun" I laughed, pushing her slightly towards the door. Taylor laughed as well, concern still in the air but she wrapped her arms around me anyway, smiling, walking away.

My smiled faded away once she was gone.

"I seriously need to know why I can tell what she's feeling" I murmured bitting on my bottom lip.

~8~

My constant visits to Mount Rainier was what kept me in control with this weird ability but also tired and drained for being physically in action.

I was at home tucked under a blanket on the coach with an ice cream on my hands as the TV was on broadcasting the news.

I had always loved reading the Newspaper in 1984 because besides the radio, it was the only form of entertainment available.

I was about to change the channel when something caught my attention, making me raise the volume.

"The wife of slain Bradley Park vigilante, Carl Morrissey, revealed that her husband was one of the controversial 4400" The reporter announced.

I frowned curiously at the image of the guy, I briefly remembered from being in quarantine. I leaned forward in curiosity wanting to know more about another 4400 like me.

"Mrs Morrissey stated that her husband was a true neighbourhood hero, a sentiment echoed by many area residents" The reporter continued. "Law enforcement officials and a spokesperson for the National Threat Assessment Command refused to confirm or deny Mrs Morrissey's statement"

Along the news, I could see footage of people from Carl's neighborhood starting to clean up some park, honoring Carl.

This guy must have died but he did something good before he did. It made me wonder if that's why we were really here. To trigger good actions making good changes.

If so, I'd like to know what am I supposed to do. Maybe starting with finding out this weird ability...

I looked slowly to the computer with a new sense of determination.

I was send back here for a reason and I'm gonna find what it is.