9

PEOPLE now knew about us.

The nice neighbors who had welcomed me with open arms, thinking I was Taylor's little sister who finally got home from a boarding school now knew the truth.

The smiles and kindness I have received suddenly changed to nasty and fearful looks with insults, mostly about how I shouldn't be here.

Their hate was like a punch directly to my stomach, depriving me of air at the intensity I felt it. Some people even threw bricks at our windows, writing in Taylor's car with spray cans for me to return to the hell hole I crawled out from.

I couldn't even leave the house. I missed one visit to Homeland for fear of being assaulted on my way out. I got a call from an Agent where I explained this, and do you know what I was told?

"Find a way to make it to your appointments if you don't want to return to quarantine for not following the law"

That's when I understood some people at Homeland also thought the same these people did. Not everyone liked us.

I sat on the living room, a blanket in my shoulders as I glared at the TV with hatred, mostly induced by the people outside the house.

Jordan Collier made another appearance at Barbara Yates Show.

"Come on, Jordan, aren't you overreacting?" Barbara asked.

Bitch... You're not the one being assaulted in her own house as we are.

"No, I'm not at all" Jordan told her with controlled anger. "Publishing the names and addresses of the 4400 is a crime, Barbara. It's a violation of the privacy of over 4,000 people, and whoever did it should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law"

I nodded in agreement with Jordan, hands clenching tightly in my lap as a wave of anger passed through me. At this point I couldn't tell if it came from me or was induced by the hate coming from outside.

"So, warning people they may be living next to a public menace is a crime?" Barbara asked.

I shut the TV off, furiously.

Taylor groaned in pain from behind me.

I whirled around in the coach, "Ty?" Taylor was holding her head in pain, whimpering. "What's wrong?" She fell to her knees on the ground, crying out in pain. I tossed away the blanket, running around the coach, kneeling in front of her in panic, "Ty! Talk to me! What's wrong?"

Taylor flinched in pain when I reached out to touch her, withdrawing my hand when I felt an odd wave of pain in the air around her. The emotion did not hurt me like usual.

"Please stop what you're doing" Taylor whimpered, holding her head in pain. "Please, Jackie!"

I breathed heavily, staring at her in confusion "I'm not doing anything!"

Taylor kept groaning and whimpering in pain and I stood by just watching her in confusion and panic.

I didn't know what to do but I was certain of one thing. I did not want my sister in pain. That's when I recalled the information I found out of my abilities.

I reached out my hand, grasping Taylor's hands against her protests and flinch of pain, hugging her tightly, ignoring her painful screams, closing my eyes, trying to restrain her from her struggling.