10

MY HOUSE exploded.

4400 haters blew up Taylor's home just because I was there.

It suddenly hit me the danger I was putting my sister trough.

Jordan Collier paid me a visit in my hospital room at Homeland as soon as I woke up.

"I heard about the explosion you and your sister suffered in your own house" Jordan told me as soon as the agent left.

I sighed, letting my body shrink on the comfortable bed "Yeah. Now I want to get out of here"

"But you don't have anywhere else to go, do you?" Jordan asked softly. I didn't answer, tears filling my eyes. It was true. I didn't have a place to return to, not if I wanted my sister safe. Being with me wasn't safe. I was dangerous. "Ms Livelton, I have this complex where I intend to provide a safe haven for any 4400 in this country who needs one" I flickered my eyes at him. Jordan smiled slightly "You're a 4400 and a victim of the bombings. You can live in one of the houses"

Anger coiled inside of me. People worrying about me was what got my sister hurt. The ugly emotion washed over me painfully that needed a release. I took a deep breath, flickering my eyes around the room but no one was there. Only Jordan.

I locked my eyes with his, forcing the ugly, strong emotion to flow through my veins and to him from our eyes, "Stop worrying about me"

The influence of my voice combined with the eye contact forced an unnatural shift on his emotions.

Jordan blinked in astonishment, concern forcefully gone, "What...?"

I broke eye contact, looking away, feeling relief for the release of my built up emotions "I wish to be alone if you don't mind, Mr. Collier"

Jordan didn't move. I could feel his eyes burning the side of my head.

"What did do you?" Jordan asked, speechless "It felt like..."

"Someone was messing with your head?" I asked, side glancing at him. Jordan nodded, hesitantly. I scoffed sarcastically, "Yeah, I'm still working on that"

I stood from the bed, throwing the blankets away from me, grabbing some clothes from the night stand. I recognized them from the shopping Taylor and I went to before the explosion. I breathed in shakily with guilt.

I waited for Jordan to leave but the shift in the air told me he was still here. I kept my back on him but allowed my empathy to expand, focusing on him. I was slowly getting better on that part, from telling apart each emotion. Jordan was still feeling shock but it wasn't as strong or painful like when Taylor found out about my abilities. It was more of a knowing feeling. I tilted my head aside, digging deeper. The air shifted. Proudness.

I looked behind me, seeing him laying back on the chair, looking at me curiously.

"So, are you reading me?" Jordan asked making me snap back into the physical world instead of the emotional. I blinked, shaking my head "I've read somewhere about Empathy. It's an amazing gift"

Curiosity, he felt curious about me.

I turned to him completely, "What do you want? You're not shocked as if you suspected I could have an ability. You're proud of it and curious about what I can do, aren't you?"

"That's exactly what I'm feeling" Jordan told me with a growing smile. I pursed my lips. "Like I said. Amazing"

I tilted my head aside, "Didn't I say I wanted to be alone? I could make you leave, lose your interest for me so you can leave me alone"