8

TODAY WAS Jordan Collier's meeting for all of the 4400's and I had decided to go being that I was curious as to what Jordan had to offer.

I wore a yellow flowered dress. My hair fell down naturally to my middle back, without make up as I wasn't used to it. My silver necklace was around my neck, the only thing reminding of me of my time. Happy times.

I sighed, pursing my lips sensing Taylor coming closer as the air shifted with her familiar emotions.

After walking away two days ago after knowing my sister thought of me as a weirdo, I hadn't spoken to her nor Mac. To say I was hurt of what she thought of me was an understatement.

"Would you drive me to Jordan Collier's meeting?" I asked without looking away from the mirror, sensing the air shifting to guilt.

I flickered my eyes to her reflection on the mirror, seeing her stand on the doorway.

"I figured you needed a ride" Taylor said quietly, eyes averting to the floor. 

I nodded, stepping back from the mirror, starting to walk past her.

"Thank you" I told her without looking up.

"Jackie..." Taylor began making me stop but I didn't turn to face her, waiting for her to talk "I'm really sorry for all of this"

Honesty washed me over but I still couldn't forget what had been said.

"Was Mac right?" I asked before confusion filled the air. I took a deep breath "Did you tell him that you think about the 4400 being freaks?"

Nervousness and guilt filled the air, while the confusion faded away.

"No, I didn't" Taylor answered. "I would never say you're a freak, Jacqueline" 

I bit my lip, looking at her over my shoulder, crossing my arms "But I'm a 4400, Taylor"

I turned to her to face her fully.

Taylor sighed, nodding slightly "I know that. It's just-"

I shook my head, feeling frustrated, "No!" I snapped, pointing at her. Taylor looked startled "Whatever you say about the 4400, you're including me in it because I'm one of them!"

Taylor's puffy eyes locked into mine for a second before she nodded and without any other word we walked to the door.

~8~

I slammed shut the door of Taylor's car as she dropped me off.

The entire car ride was spent in a tense, awkward silence and I didn't mind it. I was angry and hurt with my sister to even talk to her. I didn't even say goodbye nor told her at what time to pick me up.

I looked at the other people inside the house, walking to the front door where a young woman stopped me.

"Name?" the woman asked, smiling. "Date of abduction?"

I blinked in confusion, raising an eyebrow. It was then when I noticed the people inside had a badge with their names and a date. My eyebrows lowered in understanding.

I looked back at the woman, "Jacqueline, February 2nd, 1984"

A wave of excitement went through me as she wrote in a bafge, smiling.

The moment she handed me the badge, I noticed the excitement radiated from her. "Here you go, Jacqueline" I put the badge on my dress. "Enjoy the meeting"

"Thank you" I nodded slightly, pushing away the woman's feelings, walking away, seeing her greet the person behind me.

I took a deep breath, sliding the door open, walking inside.